× Members

WRAG

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #102185 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi, I wonder if you could answer a few or questions please.

1. Is the decision maker a HCP?

2. My claim was sent to three different centres in the same amount of weeks. Do they scan
the claim and send it electronically or do they use couriers?

3. I sent additional information which reached them on Friday 22nd March at the second
centre. My decision letter was dated 27th March and was sent from a different centre.
Could they have possible taken the additional information into account given they only
received the information at a different centre 3 working days before they sent my decision
letter?

4. On the appeal form they ask if you are bringing a representative. My daughter has said that
she will come but if you want to change your representative at a latter dater is this allowed?

5. I have used the esa appeal guild example letter to get any information relating to my claim
and not the SAR will this be ok?

6. Finally are there organisations in the west midlands area that will represent you at a tribunal?

Many thanks once again for your help

Hi P,

1. No the DM is employed by the DWP and makes decision on an award, taking into account all evidence before them, which would include any evidence that you provide and the Medical Report generated by the ATOS HCP.

DM's are not medically qualified.

2. They have set up IB to ESA Migration Teams in different geographical locations, they also have Appeals Teams, then it is generally an office more local to you that will actual administer payment of any award.

I am not sure how information is sent from one office to another.

3. Hard to say on this one, you would have to query whether "all" evidence had been taken into account with The DWP.

4. You can change your Rep, however you should inform The Tribunal Service ASAP is this is to happen.

5. If you have used the template letter to request information, that should suffice.

6. We don't have any contact with individual advice organisations. The best thing to do is put Welfare Rghts/Advice with your Town/ Postcode into your internet search engine.

See also : Where to get advice?

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102331 by P
Replied by P on topic WRAG
Sorry another question, is the time scale for appeal one calendar month from the date of the decision letter. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102332 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG

P wrote: Sorry another question, is the time scale for appeal one calendar month from the date of the decision letter. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again

Hi P,

"Yes" :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102765 by P
Hi agian, sorry to aks the same question but I want to make absolutly sure that I in time with my appleal. The date on my letter is the 27th March so I make that the 26th of April that my apeal has to be in by. Is this correct? The reason I'm asking is when I was reading other post I noticed a replye (in post no 101437) that you have 28 days to appeal so not a calendar month.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102774 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG

P wrote: Hi agian, sorry to aks the same question but I want to make absolutly sure that I in time with my appleal. The date on my letter is the 27th March so I make that the 26th of April that my apeal has to be in by. Is this correct? The reason I'm asking is when I was reading other post I noticed a replye (in post no 101437) that you have 28 days to appeal so not a calendar month.

It is one month from the date of the Decision which is taken as being the date on the notifying letter, also, it is the date that the DWP must be in receipt of the appeal, not when you need to send it by.

For calculating the date see the following.

How long do I have to appeal?

In practice the DWP should still accept an appeal that is late where it is clear that that the intention was to lodge it within the month.

Appeals lodged outside of the one month should still be accepted providing that Good Cause for the lateness is provided and is acceptable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102787 by P
Finally got a copy of my medical records from my GP and just stiffing through to see what to send with my appeal. Some of the letters have other information in them so would it be a good idea to highlight the section that I think provides evidence or should I just let the troll through them. This probably sounds like a stupid question but I think these forms are making me a bit paranoid.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.