× Members

PIP for Terminally ill.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115190 by sue43
PIP for Terminally ill. was created by sue43
Hi my brother has been diagnosed as terminally ill and macmillian have put in his PIP forms medical reports etc. We chased it up and they have all the information they need but said it would be 2/3 weeks before a decision is made. Time is obviously short and my brother has very little to live on. Has anyone else had experience of this kind of situation?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #115192 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP for Terminally ill.

sue43 wrote: Hi my brother has been diagnosed as terminally ill and macmillian have put in his PIP forms medical reports etc. We chased it up and they have all the information they need but said it would be 2/3 weeks before a decision is made. Time is obviously short and my brother has very little to live on. Has anyone else had experience of this kind of situation?

I assume a DS1500 has been submitted to the DWP.

I am afraid that there appear to be considerable problems processing these claims under PIP, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2517-pers...ys-top-civil-servant

My best advice is to contact the DWP and ask to escalate the problem to a manager, I would also advise you to contact your local MP immediately and refer them to the news item above. Do not accept their delays, keep chasing them, but do allow them time to carry out any activity they say they will perform.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 4 months ago #115201 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP for Terminally ill.
Hello Sue,

I totally agree with Gordon. DS1500 forms are supposed to be processed within 10 days, at the most as was the case under DLA. However, as Gordon has stated since PIP was introduced in some areas, the delays are totally unacceptable.

See this link PIP and special rules for terminal illness updated 18/12/2013.

Good luck.

Jim Allison

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115375 by sue43
Replied by sue43 on topic PIP for Terminally ill.
Hi thank you for your replies my brother still hasn't been given a decision. They have got the form but are taking forever processing it!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP for Terminally ill.

sue43 wrote: Hi thank you for your replies my brother still hasn't been given a decision. They have got the form but are taking forever processing it!

Now that Xmas and the New Year are out of the way I would get in touch with your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue43

More
10 years 3 months ago #116164 by sue43
Replied by sue43 on topic PIP for Terminally ill.
Just thought I would let you know My brother was awarded PIP a week ago. So in all it took a month to get his claim sorted which is quite fast under normal circumstances but when your time is short its too slow.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.