× Members

DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115801 by Boomer51
DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT was created by Boomer51
Hi every one had my appeal turned down today even though cab and disabilaty panel member said the form was one of the best they had seen and was prepared very very professionally so why have I been turned down? Have now asked for statement of reasons don't know what todo?.has any one else had this happen to them?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115808 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT
Hi Boomer,

I am sorry to hear that the Tribunal did not find in your favour :(

You have one month, from the date of the decision letter, in which to request a Statement of Reasons from the Tribunal service. Then you have a further month in which to request an appeal to the 2nd tier tribunal - but you can only do this on the grounds of an Error in Law, not just that you disagree with the decision. CAB should be able to help you with this.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

What is an Error of Law?

Meanwhile, you can make an application for PIP if you think you would meet the descriptors for this.

Latest information on PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115814 by mariaz18
Replied by mariaz18 on topic DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT
Hi,

Sorry to hear you had you DLA appeal turned down.
I applied for DLA for my mum last Jan 13, was turned down in Feb 13, appealled in Mar13 and had my mums appeal in Nov 13.
She was turned down and we had CAB represent us.
My rep has asked to for a statement of reason, but we have not received anything.
Let's wait for the SoR and take it from there.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115815 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT
I have deleted your duplicate post so that all answers will be in the same place for you.

There will always be a gap before your post appears as every one is read by a moderator before being made public. How long this takes depends on how many (voluntary) moderators are on-line and how busy we are :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115828 by Boomer51
Replied by Boomer51 on topic DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT
Sorry to hear your in the same position as me I felt quite bullied in the tribunal and it seamed to turn the wrong way when I was asked what my wife does for a living I said my wife was a carer and the mood changed I thought you only get a month to ask for sor then a month to appeal again, but good luck in the future.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115830 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA APPEAL TURNED DOWN WHAT NEXT

Boomer51 wrote: Sorry to hear your in the same position as me I felt quite bullied in the tribunal and it seamed to turn the wrong way when I was asked what my wife does for a living I said my wife was a carer and the mood changed I thought you only get a month to ask for sor then a month to appeal again, but good luck in the future.

It is one month to request the SoR and then one month from the date the SoR is issued.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Boomer51

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.