× Members

esa and pip

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117921 by breathless
esa and pip was created by breathless
Hi . if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have been in receipt of contribution based esa for 2 years in the support group .I suffer with COPD and Atrial Fib and my condition is getting worse . I find that now I cant afford to run my car any longer and wondered if I would be better off applying for PIP. if I am successful in claiming Pip does that replace my ESA or is it supplementary . Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117922 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa and pip

breathless wrote: Hi . if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have been in receipt of contribution based esa for 2 years in the support group .I suffer with COPD and Atrial Fib and my condition is getting worse . I find that now I cant afford to run my car any longer and wondered if I would be better off applying for PIP. if I am successful in claiming Pip does that replace my ESA or is it supplementary . Thanks

PIP and ESA are separate benefits, having one does not preclude a claimant being awarded the other, however, being in receipt of one does not mean that you will qualify for the other.

PIP is awarded to claimants who have Care and/or Mobility needs, have a look at the PIP Claim guide to see whether you might qualify.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago #117926 by breathless
Replied by breathless on topic esa and pip
Thanks for the quick reply Gordon , I have severe mobility problems so it would probably be worth applying as this would mean I could keep my car running and not be housebound .

More
10 years 2 months ago #117945 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa and pip
Just to warn you that decisions on PIP claims are taking an incredibly long time at the moment ( a matter of months for most people) :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris