× Members

won appeal what happens now

• tim68
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118076 by tim68
won appeal what happens now was created by tim68
In November 2011 I was informed by DWP I should apply for ESA (as well as recovering from cancer I had been diagnosed with severe depression, M.E/CFS & PTSD).
My application was turned down & in the 1st appeal for reconsideration the decision remained unchanged.
After 2 years of waiting I finally got a tribunal hearing on 13th Jan 2014 (during this period I have not received any payments), I was awarded 39 points (ATOS awarded zero points) & placed within the support group).
It is now almost 8 weeks since the hearing & I have had absolutely no correspondence from the DWP, I have made 3 phone calls & they still will not acknowledge the hearing outcome or what is happening with my case & just keep telling me if you haven't heard anything within a few weeks just call back!
Can anyone please tell me what was their experiences after winning or what should happen next with any timescale?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic won appeal what happens now
Tim

I am surprised that you have received no payments whilst waiting for your Tribunal, I would have expected you to have been receiving the ESA Assessment rate!

We would normally expect a Tribunal result to be dealt with within 5-8 weeks, but if you are 8 weeks in and they are not even acknowledging receipt of the result then there is clearly a problem.

You should have been given a Decision Notice on the day of the Tribunal or received one through the mail within a couple of days, so your first action should be to contact the DWP again and arrange for a copy of the Notice to be sent to them, unfortunately, once this is done you may still have to wait 5-6 weeks for it to be processed.

You may be able to reduce the time by contacting your MP, but nothing is going to happen until they have a copy of the Decision,

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118080 by Spridgett
Replied by Spridgett on topic won appeal what happens now
Tim,

I know this may not be of much comfort to you but, after 14 months of waiting, I finally had my Tribunal hearing on the 17th February, 2014, which I won and gained entry into the support group. At the suggestion of this excellent site, I sent a copy of the Decision Letter I was given on the day to the Benefits Office administering my claim and, to my astonishment, all monies due to me were paid into my bank account within two weeks!

I do hope you receive your payments soon and, in the meantime, congratulations on your Tribunal success.

Spridgett

• tim68
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118082 by tim68
Replied by tim68 on topic won appeal what happens now
Thank you for your response.
On the day of the hearing I was issued with a paper outlining the hearing result, I immediately copied this & posted to DWP the same day, so should have received this within the week.
The problem is when I ask them if they have had notice from the tribunal services they tell me they don't have information like that ! so if they don't who does ?

More
10 years 1 month ago #118086 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic won appeal what happens now

tim68 wrote: Thank you for your response.
On the day of the hearing I was issued with a paper outlining the hearing result, I immediately copied this & posted to DWP the same day, so should have received this within the week.
The problem is when I ask them if they have had notice from the tribunal services they tell me they don't have information like that ! so if they don't who does ?

Sounds like the usual DWP call centre rubbish.

If you have already supplied a copy of the Notice then I would phone the DWP again and ask to speak to Customers Manager, this normally requires a call back, so try and contact them early, they should be able to find out what is actually going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tim68
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago #118089 by tim68
Replied by tim68 on topic won appeal what happens now
Thank you I will try that as my next course of action and see where it leads

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.