× Members

Missing Letters...??

• mickeytum
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118658 by mickeytum
Missing Letters...?? was created by mickeytum
I finally made my mind up to write to the DWP for ALL the correspondence they had on me as advised by the good people on here.. I copied the template which is available and sent it recorded delivery...
Today after a few weeks the said correspondence arrived.... What a joke... All what was in it was my form I filled in nearly 12 months ago, which had been Xeroxed so badly , you cannot make out the answers I had filled in.. The atos assessment medical and a summary of the glossary of the acronyms... There wasn't anything from my GP or the hospital.... Is this right..... Many thanks.....xx
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118659 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Missing Letters...??
Hi MT,

This FAQ tells you what paperwork you should expect (it is relevant even if you did not have a face2face 'medical'). It is rare for DWP/ATOS to contact your GP or hospital for information, so I am not surprised by the lack of that.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mickeytum
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118660 by mickeytum
Replied by mickeytum on topic Missing Letters...??
So, someone who has been on a training course for about 6 weeks can deduce what my medical condition is better than my GP and hospital doctors who have been treating me for the last 14 years..... xx
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #118663 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missing Letters...??

mickeytum wrote: So, someone who has been on a training course for about 6 weeks can deduce what my medical condition is better than my GP and hospital doctors who have been treating me for the last 14 years..... xx

ESA is not awarded because you have a particular condition, but rather looks at your ability to complete a number of tests such as how far you can mobilise, or your ability to complete a simple task such as setting an alarm clock, so the requirements for an ESA assessor are very different from a doctor trying to treat you.

Well that's what the Government and DWP say. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #118665 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Missing Letters...??
As Gordon says, the official stance is that GPs and hospital consultants are not trained in 'disability assessment' whereas their HCPs are. Therefore, the HCPs are supposed to be the experts in this field.

• mickeytum
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #118668 by mickeytum
Replied by mickeytum on topic Missing Letters...??
Over the past 14 years I have had about 4 medical assessments , and passed , or is that failed them all... The points I amassed were for not being able to kneel and not being able to bend my knees , walking any distance in discomfort... So what does the new assessment do, it takes those questions out .... Great , I am glad I am cured...xx...
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.