× Members

PIP INFO

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119169 by Somerset21
PIP INFO was created by Somerset21
I applied last July. Got a assessment August. After asking for help from my MP who did try and gave up in the end. I had decision back November. 4 points on both daily and mobility. Asked for a reconsideration and the same decision maker asked for extra info from Atos which was sent pretty quickly just removed 2 points from showering and gave them to pre pare meals.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119171 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP INFO
Thanks for the info Michelle. Are you going to appeal?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #119172 by Somerset21
Replied by Somerset21 on topic PIP INFO
No. I should of don't but was not up to going to court. When I spoke to the decision maker said I could ask for a reconsideration but it is likely to be the same answer, so when I found out it was the same one I knew I had no hope. I had the report sent to me before I had the decision so when she rang me. I ask why I had no received points for pre paring meals and she said. ' because you are not using aids yet '. I said that's because I do not have the money to buy them. She said, ' oh ' . But when Atos rearranged the points she didn't question it at all.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119176 by Somerset21
When I found out it was the same decision maker. Which I did only because she rang me and left an answer phone message and I rang DWP back and said that it was the same decision maker and why was she phoning as I believed that it would be a new decision maker and they said that they didn't know why she called and that they only have so many decision makers so it could be the same one. They said I could ask for a new one which I did but do not believe they did that as I had the decision the following week.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119179 by Somerset21
When I found out it was the same decision maker. Which I did only because she rang me and left an answer phone message and I rang DWP back and said that it was the same decision maker and why was she phoning as I believed that it would be a new decision maker and they said that they didn't know why she called and that they only have so many decision makers so it could be the same one. They said I could ask for a new one which I did but do not believe they did that as I had the decision the following week.

The assessor agreed that I could do with aids for pre paring meals. When I asked you I wasn't awarded points. She because you are not using them yet.
I was awarded 2 points for washing and 2 for engaging with other people. On the reconsideration Atos took the 2 for washing away and put 2 on the Pre paring food.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP INFO
Michelle

If you are unwilling to go to appeal, which is an understandable decision is you cannot deal with the stress and effort of doing so, then your only other option is to make a new claim for PIP, there is no restriction on your doing so and the failed claim will not be considered, however, given that your initial claim failed, you need to spend some time looking at how you answered the questions on the PIP claim form and the evidence you provided to avoid another failure.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.