× Members

No questionnaire

• mick
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120293 by mick
No questionnaire was created by mick
Hi, I received an appointment for a medical with atos for my ESA benefits out of the blue last week and I've to go next week. On previous occasions I got a questionnaire then I would return that after filling it in, then shortly after I'd receive my appointment for the medical. They seem to have skipped the questionnaire bit this time, is this normal?

I rang atos and they seemed to find it strange but said it was what dwp had suggested and I could download the questionnaire online and bring along to the medical if I felt like it.

I just want to know why things have changed and what's going on. Please help.
Thanks

Mick
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120296 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No questionnaire
Mick

Whilst it is possible for an assessment to be done without an ESA50 it is quite unusual and I would normally expect one to have been issued and then not returned, this only applies where the claimant has severe mental health issues and is usually accompanied by ATOS contacting the GP for further information.

If you have time then I would certainly consider completing an ESA50

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

and using the latest ESA Claim guides

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

By not issuing an ESA50 the DWP have certainly undermined their Decision process as this is one of pieces of evidence that a Tribunal would expect to see, hopefully this will not be a route that you need to go down :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• andy
10 years 1 week ago #120297 by andy
Replied by andy on topic No questionnaire
A friend of ours is in the same situation. Last seen face to face just over 2 years ago. Was expecting to be seen sometime soon. No questionnaire received, just ATOS appointment for next week. Does not have computer therefore would have no idea about downloading ESA50.
Maybe its true, ATOS is in chaos.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #120298 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No questionnaire
Mick / ANdy

It is worth confirming with the DWP that no ESA50 is required in these two re-assessments as it is very unusual.

Remember to get anything that changes the assessment process in writing and that the Call Centre staff have no authority to change the process so you it will need to come from a manager.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 week ago #120301 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic No questionnaire
Always remember forms can go missing in the post. There is nothing stopping you from taking your own evidence, such as a letter, whether it written by you, a carer or a professional.

• mick
  • Topic Author
10 years 1 week ago #120303 by mick
Replied by mick on topic No questionnaire
Thank you Gordon it's a minefield

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.