× Members

How to complain???

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #120577 by mommaduck
How to complain??? was created by mommaduck
Quick question before forum closes ( I hope)

Who or where does one write with a complaint about the DWP? No time to give further details. thanks :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How to complain???

mommaduck wrote: Quick question before forum closes ( I hope)

Who or where does one write with a complaint about the DWP? No time to give further details. thanks :unsure:

See

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #120653 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic phone i recieved yesterday
mommaduck

I am afraid we have lost your post during the moderation process, but I will do my best to reply.

There are further levels of complaint within the DWP but they require the previous level to have been completed before they can be actioned.

You can try your MP, it never ceases to amaze me how they manage to release log jams in DP processes with nothing more than a letter.

Contacting your MP

Gordon
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120657 by mommaduck
Hi Gordon,

You appear to have answered someone elses question on my post :whistle:

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120658 by mommaduck
Oh dear! :(

I will post again tomorrow as no more energy tonight.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120703 by mommaduck
Thank you Gordon for your reply.

I am not sure if you were able to read my post before it got lost but I am assuming that you may have done.

I have had no joy writing - no response even though I was told DWP would have to respond within 48 hours after I complained that I had received no response to my first attempt at complaining.

What I have received this morning is a threatening letter from the Pension Service. It states' Information obtained that you did not provide information on time' (what information? - I don't know what they mean)

'We therefore need you to tell us why you did not tell us on time about a change in your circumstances' (what change in circumstances did I not tell them about? - I have always told them about changes in circumstances)

'You must provide information with your claim when asked' ( I always provide information when asked)

'You must confirm your contact details' (how did they manage to write to me? They have all my contact details. I dont have a telephone - I use my daughters)

You have until x to provide the information asked. You must answer the questions (they have not asked for any information. They have not asked any questions) there is a large blank space in the letter.

Unless you do this by x date we will impose a £50 civil penalty on the basis of the information we have now.

Over the past year I have made around 20 calls and each time I call, the contact centre assure me that have all details that they require. They have all paperwork that they have asked for. There is no reason that my claim is outstanding.

This is the second time in two months that after I have phoned to ask why my claim is not complete that I have then received a letter accusing me of not reporting changes in my circumstances.

I was divorced some 18 months ago and informed the DWP and sent them my decree absolute. No one updated the system and despite me have several phone calls about this and sending the paperwork another two times, it took till last December to update this fact.

I then received a further letter accusing me of not telling them I was divorced and consequently my pension would not be backdated ( I was being underpaid) I then provided again, evidence that I had informed them, time after time before they finally back paid my pension until my divorce.

They then sent paperwork to a wrong address ( State Pension, DLA and Pension Credit) when I phoned to ask where my update paperwork was they said that they had sent it out to x address. I said that I did not live there, why would they send it to that address?

Result of that enormous error was that who ever lived at that address then contact the fraud hotline (did they really think it funny) and said that I was claiming DLA fraudulently and that I had over £100,00 in the bank and was also claiming pension credit fraudulently and that I was also using false names. I was then called in for a Compliance Office Interview which lasted about two minutes as the officer had already realised that it was a malicious reporting. I could have lost my DLA as other have apparently have even when the report turned out to be false.

It is twelve months now since the DWP have made error after error with my claim and if I complain by telephone, the staff turn hostile and rude. iIf I complain by letter, I get no reply other than these letter accusing me of not reporting changes of circumstances and threatening me.

As I stated in my lost post, Welfare Rights have hit a brick wall and I am getting nowhere and am totally exhaused and frustrated with it all.

I will try my MP as I have nothing to lose.

Not sure if a solicitor could help? :unsure:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris