× Members

PIP - At

More
10 years 5 days ago #121068 by Nanaaggie
PIP - At was created by Nanaaggie
Finally received a date for my Atos Assessment. DWP informed me that they had passed my form to them on 27 November 2013 and it will be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #121162 by Nanaaggie
Replied by Nanaaggie on topic PIP - At
Sorry just realised my full post didn't send. I finally received a date for my Atos assessment. I originally applied to DWP early October 2013. After completing the first part of the process by giving my information over the phone I was told that a form would be sent to me. After 2 weeks and no form I telephoned DWP and after 7 phone calls was finally advised to give my information again . Although they could confirm that I had phoned, my information was not recorded on their system.
I phoned to check that my form had been received and was advised that it had been passed to ATOS on 27 November 2013. Now nearly 8 months later I have received an appointment date and lo and behold they asked me to attend for assessment at a centre miles away although still in the west of Scotland. The appointment was for 9.00am in the morning and when I phoned to change it I was told that I could be given anywhere within a 90 minute radius of my home. Don't know where the get the radius from but the bus route from my home to Ayr would require me to take 2 buses a train and possibly another bus or taxi to find the centre and all to be there for 9.00 am. Anyway I phoned and a not to pleasant employee advised me that I could only rearrange once so I asked if she could find me an appointment nearer my home. She has done this and I received a new letter confirming it today. However it leaves you wondering if this is all part of the process to see how fit you are. Your forum and guides have been extremely useful to me and I will let you know how I get on at my assessment.

Scarlett x

More
10 years 4 days ago #121164 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - At
Scarlett

One of the reasons that ATOS are booking appointments a long way from claimants homes is that the assessment centres that are closer are not disabled friendly i.e. not on the ground floor, it might be worth checking whether the new office is accessible to you if you have problems with using stairs, because you could turn up on the day and be refused entry due to Health and Safety regulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 days ago #121167 by Nanaaggie
Thanks Gordon. My disability doesn't prevent me from using stairs and I have confirmed this on my form so makes you wonder what the real reason is.

More
9 years 10 months ago #123087 by Nanaaggie
Hi, just to update you that I received a letter today to say that I have been awarded standard rate Care (PIP) until June 2017 and backdated to October last year. I was awarded a total of 8 points in the Care Component and 4 points in the mobility component. I did not think I would have gotten any points for mobility as my disabilities are not linked to mobility (not that the points are enough for an award).But I am more than happy with the standard rate Care outcome.

It has taken me 9 months from application for PIP to the outcome. I applied in October 2013. Had my face to face with ATOS at the beginning of June 2014 and received a letter 2 weeks ago apologising for the delay and informing me that there would be a decision made shortly; and then the letter today.

I would just like to thank you all at B&W as your advice and guides have been extremely helpful especially in what to expect at the face to face assessment. They have helped me to obtain both ESA (Support Group) without medical and now PIP following an ATOS face to face assessment.

I did not post following the PIP assessment but I can give an account of what took place if it would help any others in the forum.

Thank you all once again x

More
9 years 10 months ago #123091 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - At
Scarlett

Congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments about B&W.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nanaaggie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.