× Members

ESA Benifit Rates. ???

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121092 by R7UST
ESA Benifit Rates. ??? was created by R7UST
Hi All.
I have a Quick Question to ask.
First of all i am a Male living on my own.
I attended an ATOS Medical on the 3rd of January this year, About 3 weeks later i recieved a letter saying is was in the Support Group & my Allowance would be £106.50
I then recieved another letter saying, As from the 7th April the Social Security Benifits will Change.
It then goes on to say, as from the 27th Nov 2014 My Employment & Support Allowance will be £118.15
The reason i am asking this Question is i cannot find anywhere why it's going up.
Hope someone may be able to Answer this for me.
Dunc.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Benifit Rates. ???

Dunc wrote: Hi All.
I have a Quick Question to ask.
First of all i am a Male living on my own.
I attended an ATOS Medical on the 3rd of January this year, About 3 weeks later i recieved a letter saying is was in the Support Group & my Allowance would be £106.50
I then recieved another letter saying, As from the 7th April the Social Security Benifits will Change.
It then goes on to say, as from the 27th Nov 2014 My Employment & Support Allowance will be £118.15
The reason i am asking this Question is i cannot find anywhere why it's going up.
Hope someone may be able to Answer this for me.
Dunc.

Are you sure it is £118.15 and not £108.15, the annual uprating applies from April, before then you would receive £106.50 (£71.70 Personal Allowance + £34.80 Support Group), you should now be receiving £108.15 (£72.40 Personal Allowance + £35.75 Support Group).

Have you checked whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA top-up, because you would then be eligible for the Enhanced Disability Premium which is an extra £15.55 a week?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121114 by R7UST
Replied by R7UST on topic ESA Benifit Rates. ???
Hi Gordon.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes you are correct i do at this moment recieve £108.15. No i have not checked if i am eligable for Income Related ESA top-up. How do i check for that.???
I am sure i am Contributions Based ESA at the moment.
The letter just states that i will recieve £118.15 from 27th November, that's all.
I am now just wondering if it's a typing error, but why would it say from 27th Nov.???

More
9 years 11 months ago #121121 by Gordon

Dunc wrote: Hi Gordon.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes you are correct i do at this moment recieve £108.15. No i have not checked if i am eligable for Income Related ESA top-up. How do i check for that.???
I am sure i am Contributions Based ESA at the moment.
The letter just states that i will recieve £118.15 from 27th November, that's all.
I am now just wondering if it's a typing error, but why would it say from 27th Nov.???

The uprating is only done in April there are no changes scheduled for November.

These letters are often misleading and frequently have errors, all I can suggest is for you to contact the DWP to see what it is all about.

Whether you qualify for an ESA(IR) top-up will be dependant on your household income and your savings and assets, as you have no partner the hours that one works is not applicable but I include the information for completeness. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you think that you do then you need contact the DWP and ask for an ESA3 form to allow payment of the Enhanced Disability Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: R7UST

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121138 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic ESA Benifit Rates. ???
I had a letter like that in April for the new rates and that from 27 November raising to £118.15 a week, it's the Christmas bonus but the letter us misleading as it's just for one week.

Mags
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 years 11 months ago #121140 by Gordon

Mags wrote: I had a letter like that in April for the new rates and that from 27 November raising to £118.15 a week, it's the Christmas bonus but the letter us misleading as it's just for one week.

Mags

Good catch, I had completely forgot about the Christmas Bonus, although it just goes to show how misleading these letters are, as claimants don't actually qualify for the bonus until the first full week of December, not November!!!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.