× Members

Coming off ESA support, into work & then back ESA

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121676 by bbzpda
Hi

I have a major anxiety condition. Just been put on ESA support group. This is good as indefinite.

But,

Does anyone know what would happen if I felt a bit better and attempted to get a job, maybe part-time? If I get the job and then find after a few weeks that I can't cope and have to leave, will I be able to just go straight back into the ESA support group? Or will I start all over again with new claim?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121681 by bro58

PDA wrote: Hi

I have a major anxiety condition. Just been put on ESA support group. This is good as indefinite.

But,

Does anyone know what would happen if I felt a bit better and attempted to get a job, maybe part-time? If I get the job and then find after a few weeks that I can't cope and have to leave, will I be able to just go straight back into the ESA support group? Or will I start all over again with new claim?

Hi PDA,

Congratulations on The SG Award !! :)

Even though in theory all ESA awards (WRAG or SG) are indefinite, each award comes with a prognosis, which is the recommended period before reassessment.

The longest prognosis is 3 years :

How often will I be reviewed

If you wish to find out what the prognosis is on your award, you can ring the number on your SG award letter, they should have it "on-screen".

You could also request the ESA85 or ESA85A Medical Report. (depending on whether you had a face to face or not) :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

You could formally request the above in the form of a letter, or by using a SAR:

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

You should address the above FAO The Data Controller to The Benefits Office Address on your letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Regarding your query on "Work", I answered a very similar query last week, my responses can be seen : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris