× Members

claimed pip June 2013 still waiting for a decision

• samakr
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #121932 by samakr
I claimed pip in June 2013 had a medical assessment in April 2014, and still waiting for a decision. How long it will take for the DWP to make a decision ?.
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #121937 by Gordon

samakr wrote: I claimed pip in June 2013 had a medical assessment in April 2014, and still waiting for a decision. How long it will take for the DWP to make a decision ?.
Thanks

The first thing you need to do is to contact the Assessment Provider to find out whether the medical report has been sent to the DWP, we are still seeing considerable delays in this part of the process, with multiple levels of audit still being applied to the reports resulting in literally months of delay.

If your report is still with the AP then there is little that you can do to hasten it's release.

If your report has been passed to the DWP, then it should take only a couple of weeks for a Decision to be made, but it is again worth chasing, as there are some regional variations and where this is the case delays of a further 4-6 weeks can be expected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 10 months ago #121940 by bro58
Hi s,

If it was ATOS that carried out The PIP assessment, you can contact them via : Here.

If it was Capita :

See : Here.

bro58

• samakr
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122056 by samakr
Hi

They received the medical report from atos on the 11th of April, they sent me a copy of the initial claim form that they filled out a year earlier over the telephone with my appointee. they said we can't make a decision without the claim signed. My son called them today they said that they have received the claim signed on the 29 of may, so I have to wait three more weeks for the decision to be made.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122060 by Puccalove
Not that it helps that much but I also have clients still waiting from last summer. Anyways thanks for keeping us updated. Let us know how you get on. I hope it really is only three weeks, fingers crossed!

• samakr
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122063 by samakr
Thank you puccalove

I don't feel alone there are so many people suffering like me

I will keep you posted.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.