× Members

esa migration

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122662 by Jules
esa migration was created by Jules
Hello, I wonder if you could advise please ?

After 9 months of waiting, I hear that my IB to ESA migration application (ESA 50) has been sent on to a DWP decision maker by Atos (this is thanks to my MP chasing it through) no face to face assessment is required - I sent in all up to date medical letters with my application.

Would you have any idea how long applications are with decision makers at DWP ?
and does no face to face assessment required indicate that the outcome could be possible for me ?
Thank you
Jules
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122663 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa migration
Jules

You cannot be found Fit for Work without a face to face assessment taking place, so that is a positive sign although it is still technically possible for the DM to require one to be held however we have never heard of this happening, so by far and away the likeliest outcome is that you will be placed in the WRAG or the Support Group.

I would expect you to be transferred to ESA(CB), if you are placed in the WRAG then you will only receive payments for 365 days unless you are also eligible for ESA(IR), this does not apply to the SG.

It should only take the DM a couple of weeks to make a Decision on your transfer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122664 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa migration

Jules wrote:
Would you have any idea how long applications are with decision makers at DWP ?

Jules

I'm afraid it is impossible to say how long DWP might take, they have also built up quite a backlog of cases!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 10 months ago #122665 by Jules
Replied by Jules on topic esa migration
Thank you Gordon - I meant to write "positive" instead of "possible " in the last sentence-
is it worth contacting them or is it best to wait to hear from them do you think ?
Thanks, Jules

More
9 years 10 months ago #122666 by Jules
Replied by Jules on topic esa migration
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback - it gives me an idea.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122667 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa migration

Jules wrote: Thank you Gordon - I meant to write "positive" instead of "possible " in the last sentence-
is it worth contacting them or is it best to wait to hear from them do you think ?
Thanks, Jules

I think you have to give them time to do their job, but if it has already been two weeks there is no harm in your phoning your local DWP office for an update.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.