× Members

Support Group without a medical

• tarantinoon
  • Topic Author
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #124132 by tarantinoon
Support Group without a medical was created by tarantinoon
Lat week it was the first time for the good few years when I heard the noise of the letter box and it wasn't bill to pay or latter from my local housing that my benefit was stopped. After last 2 years of constant worrying, finally I have been moved from IB to Support Group without a medical. I cried from happiness... at least for couple of hours I forgot about my physical pain and the fact that i can hardly move. My problems are far from over but at least there is a little sense of security for some time. Now I have problems with Council Tax and Housing benefit because as a result of moving me from IB to contribution based ESA, I am not entitle to the same amount of benefit as before - it is what I been told (they cut 1/3 of my entitlement). I don't know how I will manage to pay all those money but even so, I can see how differently I look at those problems now. Please, forgive me if I exaggerate my feelings but I feel grateful to you guys for all the support this site and its users have given to me. Without your guidance and all the help I don't think I would manage to be where I am now. I am also very grateful for all the feedback from other members that helped me to stay sane and realize that I am not alone.
THANK YOU SO MUCH - and I wish you all the best.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #124133 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Support Group without a medical

tarantinoon wrote: Lat week it was the first time for the good few years when I heard the noise of the letter box and it wasn't bill to pay or latter from my local housing that my benefit was stopped. After last 2 years of constant worrying, finally I have been moved from IB to Support Group without a medical. I cried from happiness... at least for couple of hours I forgot about my physical pain and the fact that i can hardly move. My problems are far from over but at least there is a little sense of security for some time. Now I have problems with Council Tax and Housing benefit because as a result of moving me from IB to contribution based ESA, I am not entitle to the same amount of benefit as before - it is what I been told (they cut 1/3 of my entitlement). I don't know how I will manage to pay all those money but even so, I can see how differently I look at those problems now. Please, forgive me if I exaggerate my feelings but I feel grateful to you guys for all the support this site and its users have given to me. Without your guidance and all the help I don't think I would manage to be where I am now. I am also very grateful for all the feedback from other members that helped me to stay sane and realize that I am not alone.
THANK YOU SO MUCH - and I wish you all the best.

Hi t,

Congratulations on The SG Award without a face to face !! :cheer:

Thanks for the kind words regarding B&W, they are appreciated by all !! :)

As you were successfully converted from IB to ESA, you are covered by Transitional Protection :

What will I be paid?

In that, you cannot receive any less (although you may receive more) than you were previously in receipt of prior to transfer. (unless your personal/financial circumstances have recently changed)

Have a look at this topic from earlier today :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=101865#124099

I would advise that you contact the LA/Council that administers your CTS and HB.

If your personal/financial circumstances have not changed, other than being transferred to ESA, then you should have the same CTS/HB entitlement as before.

It may just be administered differently.

As you will see from the advice in the topic that I posted, you may also be entitled to : ESA Premiums, as you are now in The SG.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris