× Members

Esa wca re-test still waiting

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125022 by Mark
Esa wca re-test still waiting was created by Mark
Hi I had my wca re-test nearly 9 weeks ago, and the examiner told me that i would hear from them in about 4 weeks, as to weather or not i have been cured. Nearly 9 weeks later and still no answer, any thoughts as to what is happening? every day dreading that brown envelope.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #125030 by
Replied by on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting

Mark wrote: Hi I had my wca re-test nearly 9 weeks ago, and the examiner told me that i would hear from them in about 4 weeks, as to weather or not i have been cured. Nearly 9 weeks later and still no answer, any thoughts as to what is happening? every day dreading that brown envelope.

Hi M,

Yes, they usually quote around 4 weeks.

As the ESA85 Medical Report, making recommendations on which group of ESA you should be placed into, generated at the "Medical", will have been sent electronically to The DWP ESA Decision Maker (DM), my best advice would be to contact the DWP to see whether the DM has made a decision yet.

ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA.

You should be aware that The DWP do have backlogs with ESA Claims/Assessments.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125031 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting
Thanks for quick reply i will give it until Monday then ring them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

9 years 7 months ago #125036 by

Mark wrote: Thanks for quick reply i will give it until Monday then ring them.

Hi M,

A quick tip,

The earlier you ring the better.

One of our members recently rang the number on 3 occasions in the day and couldn't get through.

They then rang at 8AM and got through straight away.

bro58

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125102 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Esa wca re-test still waiting
Mark,

I’m in the process of being transferred from SDA to ESA. ATOS returned my file to the DWP move than 7 weeks ago. The days of a decision within 2-4 weeks appear to be over.

Mari

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125103 by

MariW wrote: Mark,

I’m in the process of being transferred from SDA to ESA. ATOS returned my file to the DWP move than 7 weeks ago. The days of a decision within 2-4 weeks appear to be over.

Mari

Hi MW,

The waiting times do seem to vary regionally.

Feedback that I am aware of seems to indicate that once a F2F takes place, a decision is generally made within a reasonable timescale. (but don't hold me to that :) )

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.