× Members

PIP Result

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125309 by Safekeeping
PIP Result was created by Safekeeping
Hello, I had the letter a few days ago. Applied roughly 2nd March. Assessment 19th August. Received the letter on the 29th September. I wasn't expecting the decision to be made so soon.

I'm happy that I have good news. I got awarded the standard rate of daily living, no mobility. From March 2014 till Feb 2017. That's a result I never expected to receive. It should help me with my health a lot. I felt quite emotional about it on the day I received the letter and cried a while. I understand it's rare PIP's awarded without being denied first, then having to appeal? The whole process was incredably stressful, especially the assessment itself.

Worth noting is that I was unable to collect much evidence because of conditional aspects; this was something I constantly had to underscore during the assessment. I was awarded PIP without having a doctor's medical letter, medical records, psychiatric notes to hand. [Also mentioned that when I finally got enough in me to ask my GP that she said she prefers to be asked directly.] I did hand over whatever I could find that seemed appropriate, but also detailed my personal notes about very severe symptoms/thoughts etc, which I felt uncomfortable discussing in front of my representative. I was uncomfortable discussing suicidal/violent ideation, for example, in front of others, so I put my thoughts onto paper and handed those over.

I think it's also worth noting that I have a paper trail with Rethink Mental Illness [recovery worker said she'd vouch for me, etc], have formerly been treated for depression, and am on the waiting list for proper mental health care with the local wellbeing service. Had I not been, I don't think I'd have been approved.

I guess this shows it's worth applying? Especially for someone like me where you can struggle to organise evidence.

Finally, I used the guide from Benefits and Work, and had magnificant help from other people. I'm very grateful to everyone here. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Result
Safekeeping

Congratulations on your award and thank you for the notes about your claim, I am sure that other members will find them very useful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 7 months ago #125313 by Safekeeping
Replied by Safekeeping on topic PIP Result
Thanks Gordon.

I forgot to note in the original post, but since it should be useful as a gauge, I was awarded standard rate care for daily living.

I scored 8 points for Daily Living, 2 for each of the following:

Preparing food
Dressing and Undressing
Engaging With Other People Face To Face
Making Budgeting Decisions

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris