× Members

PIP Limbo and blue badge?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #125475 by Judy
PIP Limbo and blue badge? was created by Judy
My blue badge ran out the day my esa ran out. Which means I only have a letter from dwp saying they are extending my esa until my pip assessment decision. Can I apply for a blue badge with just this letter as proof of benefits please Technically I am still on esa benefit even though it has run out ifswim.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Limbo and blue badge?

Judy wrote: My blue badge ran out the day my esa ran out. Which means I only have a letter from dwp saying they are extending my esa until my pip assessment decision. Can I apply for a blue badge with just this letter as proof of benefits please Technically I am still on esa benefit even though it has run out ifswim.

I think you will have to ask your Local Authority how they are handling this situation, they are the ones responsible for the issuing of Blue Badges.

If they don't then you can still make an application based on having restricted walking but you may have to be assessed.

Obviously, if you are awarded PIP this will supersede any Decision that the LA might make.

Please do not be tempted to use an out of date badge as this can result in you being banned from the Blue Badge scheme.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 6 months ago #125480 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Limbo and blue badge?
Judy, I assume that you have referred to ESA in error and actually mean DLA?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 6 months ago #125481 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic PIP Limbo and blue badge?
Thank you Gordon, dont worry I am not tempted. I will apply to the la then as I dont know how long I will have to wait. Im just assuming the worst but if it is good news then hopefully I will already have the badge in place.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125482 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic PIP Limbo and blue badge?
I have esa from dwp, I get confused. I am in the support group.

More
9 years 6 months ago #125483 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Limbo and blue badge?

Judy wrote: Thank you Gordon, dont worry I am not tempted. I will apply to the la then as I dont know how long I will have to wait. Im just assuming the worst but if it is good news then hopefully I will already have the badge in place.

It's definitely worth your ringing them to check whether the letter will be accepted.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.