× Members

Re- assessment ESA

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #127537 by debbiesixtysix1
Re- assessment ESA was created by debbiesixtysix1
I won my ESA appeal in October 2014 and was put in the support group.On the decision notice it said I was not to be re- assessed for a minimum of 1 year from the date of the decision at the tribunal.
Does this mean that I will receive the dreaded brown envelope exactly 4-6 weeks or so earlier than October 2015 around September 2015 or could it be later ? being as the reassessments are so far behind ? Has anybody else raised the same question as mine.?
Thank You for all your help and advice over this last year especially, and I will be rejoining again for my 3rd year in Jan.
Also Merry Christmas and All the best for 2015.
Thank you Debbie
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #127538 by
Replied by on topic Re- assessment ESA

Debbie wrote: I won my ESA appeal in October 2014 and was put in the support group.On the decision notice it said I was not to be re- assessed for a minimum of 1 year from the date of the decision at the tribunal.
Does this mean that I will receive the dreaded brown envelope exactly 4-6 weeks or so earlier than October 2015 around September 2015 or could it be later ? being as the reassessments are so far behind ? Has anybody else raised the same question as mine.?
Thank You for all your help and advice over this last year especially, and I will be rejoining again for my 3rd year in Jan.
Also Merry Christmas and All the best for 2015.
Thank you Debbie

Hi D,

Xmas & New Year wishes reciprocated !!! :)

It sounds like you are aware of the situation with regards to : ESA Reassessment Deferrals.

The Tribunal's recommendation of when an appellant should be reassessed are just that, recommendations, and have no legal standing.

Under the assumption that The DWP abide by said recommendations, one would expect to receive a new ESA50 some 2 months before the recommended reassessment date.

Obviously, the above will also depend on the situation regarding the ESA "back log" and deferrals as we approach October 2015.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by .

More
9 years 4 months ago #127607 by IamShell
Replied by IamShell on topic Re- assessment ESA
I can't help, sorry, but I'm totally confused... My (what I believe) was my decision letter didn't state how long I would be in the SG; I had to call up and ask that but was told by the DWP guy on the phone that they don't put that in writing (though he could give me an idea from the info on his screen)... :S

More
9 years 4 months ago #127621 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re- assessment ESA

Shell wrote: I can't help, sorry, but I'm totally confused... My (what I believe) was my decision letter didn't state how long I would be in the SG; I had to call up and ask that but was told by the DWP guy on the phone that they don't put that in writing (though he could give me an idea from the info on his screen)... :S

I know you are anxious about this, but posting the same question on multiple topics isn't helping the Moderators answer your post :)

ESA award letters do not include the re-assessment date, if you have been told three years by the DWP then I would take it as being how long before you are asked to complete a new ESA50.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #127902 by IamShell
Replied by IamShell on topic Re- assessment ESA
Hi Gordon,

Sorry for posting the same question in multiple threads. :blush:
My anxiety is pretty severe lately but I will do my best to make sure I don't do that in the future (and sorry for any problem I caused).

Is there any way we can track where we have posted? Eg An 'I'm on' button? I sometimes get confused/ forget where I posted and can't recall where I've contributed to a thread to go back and read? :S

Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

9 years 4 months ago #127921 by
Replied by on topic Re- assessment ESA

Shell wrote: Hi Gordon,

Sorry for posting the same question in multiple threads. :blush:
My anxiety is pretty severe lately but I will do my best to make sure I don't do that in the future (and sorry for any problem I caused).

Is there any way we can track where we have posted? Eg An 'I'm on' button? I sometimes get confused/ forget where I posted and can't recall where I've contributed to a thread to go back and read? :S

Many thanks

Hi S,

If you click on your forum name in blue to the left of you post, all your previous posts should come up, as : Here.

Another way of returning to a topic that you have already posted on to make further queries is to Bookmark/Favourite the page in your Internet Browser.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris