× Members

URGENT HELP NEEDED

More
9 years 3 months ago #128670 by susanalicebarry
Replied by susanalicebarry on topic URGENT HELP NEEDED
Of course I will, thanks again for all your help it has eased my mind a bit, just waiting for an appointment with the GP for a Sick note and then will start the ball rolling for my ESA claim, in the meantime I will not inform Income Support as I have to see a Dentist and cannot afford to pay for dental care and prescriptions privately. I realise that I may get into trouble for an overpayment but I will not allow IS or ESA to leave me without any money in the meantime.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128704 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT HELP NEEDED

Suzi wrote: Of course I will, thanks again for all your help it has eased my mind a bit, just waiting for an appointment with the GP for a Sick note and then will start the ball rolling for my ESA claim, in the meantime I will not inform Income Support as I have to see a Dentist and cannot afford to pay for dental care and prescriptions privately. I realise that I may get into trouble for an overpayment but I will not allow IS or ESA to leave me without any money in the meantime.

You need to be aware that failing to notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances can not only lead to an overpayment of benefit but a Civil Penalty for failing to do so, it is also possible that any dental charges would be recoverable as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris