× Members

Can I submit a typed claim?

• Julie Moseley
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #128504 by Julie Moseley
Can I submit a typed claim? was created by Julie Moseley
Hi :)

I am currently struggling with my answers to the PIP claim form. I am working on my PC because I cannot write to a reasonable standard, due to learning disabilities, but can manage with the help of keyboard and text editor.

I had thought to print out my answers , then cut-and-paste them onto the form. But I'm not siue that's permissable. Adivice please?

Many thanks,

julie
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 3 months ago #128555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can I submit a typed claim?
JM

Yes, you can just make sure that each page has your full name and National Insurance Number at the top, that you make a reference to the page on the form and to the question on the page and that all pages are numbered using a format such as "page X of Y".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jillayamonte, Julie Moseley
More
9 years 3 months ago #128589 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic Can I submit a typed claim?
oh yes, my whole ESA claim was word processed. I did exactly what has been suggested by the moderator to you. Try not to worry, but I know this whole c**p system gets to people. I was paced in the support group for 3 yrs with no f2f interview. Goodluck
  • Julie Moseley
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #128604 by Julie Moseley
Replied by Julie Moseley on topic Can I submit a typed claim?
Ooo, that's worth knowing.

Excuse me being dense , but I'm stiill not sure about the the bit that's integrated into the form.

I mean: I get you that continuation sheets can be typed, but how to start off?
Do I get some actual glue out and paste over those ruled lines?
Or do I just scrawl on them "see continuation sheet" or somesuch?

I'd much prefer the latter for continuity's sake, frankly, but they somehow make you feel that you MUST fill up that space before continuing somewhere else. Just like a GCE exam sheet lol. (was never good at those either. expected by tutors: grade A. actual : grades D & E *sigh* just couldn't work fast enough, nor get to grips with writing my answers in a book)

Many thanks for the help!

j
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128625 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic Can I submit a typed claim?
Me again! [Edited out inappropriate content] In EVERY box where the form states you can add extra information, I wrote the sentence "please see attached sheet" which I typed out and then stapled onto the form. Don't play the DWP/ATOS/CAPITA game. My form, by the time I'd finished was about 3 times as thick as when I'd started off. They'd obviously managed to read through all the info without any problem, and my claim was accepted without any need for a f2f interview as I said. Make it easy for you, and PLEASE try not to worry. Again, good luck
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Edited out inappropiate content.
More
9 years 3 months ago #128652 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Can I submit a typed claim?
JM

I have read your post a number of times before deciding not to allow it on the forum.

Forum rules allow the Moderators to censure posts that criticise moderator decisions on the forum and I am afraid that I feel your post comes under this heading.

I feel that Bro and I have done our best to explain the operation of PIP and how to complete the forms, if you are struggling to understand our posts then please let us know that you are still having problems with understanding what we have said.

If you are unhappy with this decision then please feel free to contact the site owner about the matter. They can be contacted at

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I have locked this post to prevent further comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.