× Members

when do I change

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128671 by capainFAIRY
when do I change was created by capainFAIRY
Please someone help. I am on DLA indefinite award personal care HR and Mobility HR. I am so worried because I do not know when I will be up for PIP assessment. PO postcode is on your email that I have received today by I cannot see for those that are on indefinite award, does this mean I shall be in the last assessment stage 2018?? It is making me ill worrying and I cannot ring them in case it starts the thing over before it should be. Help
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128699 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic when do I change
Hi cF,

Originally it was intended that people with indefinite DLA awards would be switched over to PIP between 2015 and 2017. However there is no sign, amongst our members, of that process having started yet. It could be that the results of this year's election might change the timescale, we will have no option but to wait and see.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #128703 by capainFAIRY
Replied by capainFAIRY on topic when do I change
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback, I thought I had read somewhere those in the same, the 'indefinite' group would be last to go through but I suppose its a wait and see thing.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128706 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic when do I change

!I thought the projected start date for DLA claimants with indefinite awards to be invited to claim PIP is October 2015. Or have II misunderstood?"

Hi MW,

You have not misunderstood ! :)

The same still applies for Indefinite DLA Award recipients :

"Sometime after October 2015"

I think that MHB is trying to say that it may happen later than October 2015 for many, due to the huge backlog, and any changes that may be made by a new Government as a result of The General Election in May.

As you may recall with IB, SDA and IS national transfer over to ESA the government stated that "ALL" would be transferred over to ESA by Spring 2014.

We all know what happened to that timetable deadline.

Many claimants are still awaiting transfer over to ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #128729 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic when do I change
No Mari, you have not misunderstood. I had forgotten exactly when the process was due to start - and it is still possible that this year's election will change the time-scale.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #128735 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic when do I change
Thank you.

You're right. I don't think all SDA claimants have completed the switchover yet.

I'd like to think the General Election will change things for those of us with indefinite DLA awards and nil hope of improvement but the sick and disabled are rather short of political friends.

Mari

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.