× Members

ESA review

More
9 years 2 months ago #128675 by nicolesnin
ESA review was created by nicolesnin
I phoned JC+ about my next review and was told it will be after august but thats all she knew as it doesn't state the date i will get my form. Would she have known if there was going to be delays in them being sent out if there are massive backlogs of esa for them to go through? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #128713 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review

nicolesnin wrote: I phoned JC+ about my next review and was told it will be after august but thats all she knew as it doesn't state the date i will get my form. Would she have known if there was going to be delays in them being sent out if there are massive backlogs of esa for them to go through? Thanks

I am afraid that any decision to defer your re-assessment will be made on a month by month basis so you will not know until later in the year, typically the forms are sent out a couple of months in advance of the date. If you have not heard anything by July then you might want to check with the DWP again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128716 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic ESA review
ok thanks for that Gordon. Do you have any idea how long carer's allowance awards are for?
thanks again.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128736 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA review

nicolesnin wrote: ok thanks for that Gordon. Do you have any idea how long carer's allowance awards are for?
thanks again.

Hi n,

There is no fixed/finite period for an award of Carer's Allowance. (CA)

The "Carer" will continue to receive The CA for as long as they continue to fulfill the CA eligibility criteria, and the recipient of the care continues to receive The DLA Care or PIP Daily Living Awards, or another qualifying benefit.

I believe that there is the facility for The Carer Unit to continue payment of CA until 8 weeks after entitlement is lost in certain circumstances.

CA Eligibility Criteria

See also : Carers UK CA.

bro58

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #128737 by nicolesnin
Replied by nicolesnin on topic ESA review
so does that mean they dont contact the carer each year to check they're still caring for said person?

More
9 years 2 months ago #128741 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review

nicolesnin wrote: so does that mean they dont contact the carer each year to check they're still caring for said person?

No, it is down to the claimant to notify them of any Change of Circumstances., so if you are still caring for more than 35 hours and the person you are caring for is till receiving a qualifying benefit then you do not need to do anything.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.