× Members

Menieres disease

• Roger Van steeden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129428 by Roger Van steeden
Menieres disease was created by Roger Van steeden
I have been diagnosed with meniers disease which is a incurable inner ear problem caused by fluid build up and causes me to lose my balance and when I lay flat and turn my head to the left or right I get the effect of the room spinning for about 20 seconds I now have to get my wife to help me in and out of the shower and tie up my shoe laces,this is in addition to my mobility disability for arthritis in ankle will I be able to claim a change in circumstances for the meniers disease
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Menieres disease
RVS

Can I first remind you

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

From your previous posts you are already on DLA, but you have not mentioned what award you have.

Whilst you have an obligation to inform the DWP of a change that can affect your award, you should look at this in the context of your current award before doing so, so as an example, if you are currently receiving High Rate Mobility then a deterioration in your walking cannot result in an increased award and therefore there is no point in your contacting the DWP.

As some guidance as to where a change may need to be notified. If you receive

- Lower Rate Care, then an increase in your care needs may need to be reported.
- Medium Rate Care, unless you now have care needs both day and night then your care award will not be increased.
- Lower Rate Mobility is awarded for problems with going out and planning and navigating a route, so if you now have problems walking you may need to contact them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Roger Van steeden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #129448 by Roger Van steeden
Replied by Roger Van steeden on topic Menieres disease
1) I am on Higher rate Mobility allowance

2) The DWP are sending me a change in circumstance form as I now have Meniers Disease which affects my balance and this means I cannot tie up my own shoe laces properly and I also need help getting in and out of the shower; don't get me wrong im not claiming more money I was just reporting a change I however hope the Epley manovere may cure my dizziness if not then I will keep taking the cyclazine tablets if they start to work.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129455 by Gordon
RVS

You will have to forgive me but I am a little confused, in your original post you appeared to be asking about notifying the DWP about a Change of Circumstances, your latest post suggests that you have already done so?

If you have notified the DWP, the next issue you will potentially have to deal with is whether this results in a re-assessment of your claim and if there is a re-assessment, whether this will be for DLA or PIP. If you are living in an active postcode, see the following map, then it will be for PIP.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Roger Van steeden
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #129468 by Roger Van steeden
Replied by Roger Van steeden on topic Menieres disease
Have I done this wrong then my re-assessment is due from October2015 onwards I am on DLA at present should I have not asked for a change in circumstances form now as they said today I will have 1 month to return it. Should I call them Today and cancel the change in circumstances form

More
9 years 2 months ago #129483 by Gordon
RVS

Ultimately it is your decision to notify the DWP or not, I would to see what the form is and go from there.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.