× Members

New condition relevant to my DLA/PIP claim

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #129602 by id66
My DLA expired last July and my PIP face to face is on the 25th of this month.
I was diagnosed with autism yesterday (there will be a wait for the paperwork to come through) and am wondering whether I should just provide this information on the 25th or whether it should be given now?

It makes no difference to my day-to-day difficulties they are the same today as they were before the diagnosis, but is the 'evidence' likely to reinforce my eligibility (for want of a better word)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #129604 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New condition relevant to my DLA/PIP claim
id66

Whilst there is no specific requirement for a claimant to have a formal diagnosis, having one will be of assistance and may allow the assessor to make a recommendation without having to see you, so I would send this information to the relevant Assessment Provider, a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim marked for the Decision Maker and finally take a copy to the assessment (if it remains scheduled) and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file before proceeding with the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #129632 by id66
Thanks Gordon.
Just hoping the proper paperwork gets here in a timely fashion.

So the copy to ATOS, presumably the address on the front of the appointment letter?

I was hoping that, since it's 3 days until their contract terminates, they might have a happy go lucky, lenient, devil may care attitude..

More
9 years 3 months ago #129647 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New condition relevant to my DLA/PIP claim

id66 wrote: Thanks Gordon.
Just hoping the proper paperwork gets here in a timely fashion.

So the copy to ATOS, presumably the address on the front of the appointment letter?

I was hoping that, since it's 3 days until their contract terminates, they might have a happy go lucky, lenient, devil may care attitude..

Yes the one on the appointment letter.

Isn't that the problem we have with ATOS since they got the contract in 2008 (maybe not the lenient bit)?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #129650 by id66
Aye, I suppose it is. Poor choice of words from me.
I meant in a support of claimants way. Not a negative "couldn't give a rats...." way.

This is my first dealings with them, hence I'm expecting the worst (but hoping for the best).

• id66
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #129818 by id66
Sorry. I'm back :blush:

I should have some paperwork re my diagnosis this week. Earliest would be Wednesday, more likely is Thursday or Friday.

When would be too late to send it off?
Or should I just send it to DWP and ATOS anyway, regardless of when it arrives?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris