× Members

medical discharge from the army and on PIP

• darren JONES
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132311 by darren JONES
medical discharge from the army and on PIP was created by darren JONES
hello room , 1st time on here but need some help.
I am being medical discharged from the armed forces on the 2nd april 2015 for various injuries that i have received in the forces.
i have higher rate of PIP on both parts, i am unable to work due to the injures and are well documented in my medical notes in the army.
I have just recently got a civilian GP and hoping he applies for my medical records. I will see him on the 8th of april to get him to sign me off, then i will call ESA to claim.

my questions are - will they use my army medical records instead of having a face to face assessment.?
how quickly do they pay out from the time you call them to claim.?
what is the rates of ESA ?

what other information do i need to make this claim un stressful?.
many thanks to take the time to read this
cheers
darren
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132323 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic medical discharge from the army and on PIP
DJ

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Assuming that it is possible, then you can submit your army medical records as part of your claim, if you cannot then I doubt that Maximus, the Assessment Provider, will be able to access them directly. There is no requirement for an assessment to be held if the assessor believes that they can make a recommendation without holding one, but this would be unusual for a new claim.

You should receive the ESA Assessment rate in 2-3 weeks depending on payment dates.

Current ESA rates are in the following FAQ, rates will rise by about 1% from Monday 6 April.

Benefit Rates 2014

Have a look at our Understanding ESA guide and our ESA Claim guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #132333 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic medical discharge from the army and on PIP
Get a copy of f med 4 from medcen. Speak to welfare at veterans. You will still have to have f2f, been through the system of med discharge/rsa and pip 18 months ago. Dont sweat it just take your time and do not bluff. Good luck matey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
9 years 1 month ago #132435 by Rab the Ranter
Replied by Rab the Ranter on topic medical discharge from the army and on PIP
Use the authority for dischare P8 letter and Fmed 23 which you would have got on med board. Not sure if you will get esa, if you have a forces pension. Go to the ARRSE forum and ask your question there as there is plenty of advice available.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132436 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic medical discharge from the army and on PIP
I was med discharge with pension and get esa and pip, both at the highest level
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, darren JONES

More
9 years 1 month ago #132438 by Rab the Ranter
Replied by Rab the Ranter on topic medical discharge from the army and on PIP
Speak with your PRO as it is part of the process. You can also use a welfare officer from Vetrans UK tel: 0800 169 2277 once out of the Forces

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.