× Members

PIP Tribunal Appeal

• Susan
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133136 by Susan
PIP Tribunal Appeal was created by Susan
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. After having a Mandatory Re-consideration, I was awarded Pip for Daily Living at the Standard Rate. I was not awarded anything for the Mobility Component. My CAB advisor felt that this was a wrong decision, and that I should go to a Tribunal. I sent the letter off within the timescale but have heard nothing from DWP. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to hear, even if it is only to confirm that they have received my letter.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133149 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal

Susan wrote: Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. After having a Mandatory Re-consideration, I was awarded Pip for Daily Living at the Standard Rate. I was not awarded anything for the Mobility Component. My CAB advisor felt that this was a wrong decision, and that I should go to a Tribunal. I sent the letter off within the timescale but have heard nothing from DWP. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to hear, even if it is only to confirm that they have received my letter.
Many thanks.

You need to contact the DWP about this as they do not send an acknowledgement of an MR being received.

MR's can take anywhere from 1 to 13 weeks to complete depending on the circumstances of the request and how busy the DWP office is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Susan
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133165 by Susan
Replied by Susan on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal
Hello Gordon,
Thank You for your reply. Is it the DWP that I should contact, as I have no idea where the Tribunal Service is located. I did send the letter (along with the Mandatory Consideration Notice) recorded delivery, but I think that I might have thrown the receipt away, so cannot check to see if it was actually delivered (and signed for). It should have been delivered just after the Easter holiday, as I posted it on Thursday 2nd April.
I'm just a bit confused as to how this whole system works.
I'm not looking forward to going to a Tribunal, but am fortunate enough to have a very supportive C.A.B. manager who is supporting me all the way, and has stated that she is prepared to be my representative at the hearing.
I just don't have any idea as to how long this part of the process takes.
Susan.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133168 by Gordon
Susan

I'm sorry I mis-read your post.

You say you sent a letter, if this is the case then this may be why you have heard nothing, appeals must be requested on an SSCS1 form and you need to send a copy of the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice with the form. If you have not completed the form or have not attached an MR Notice then it is unlikely that the appeal would be accepted although I would have expected the Tribunal Service to have contacted you about the problem. Have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have not received an MR Notice then you need to contact the DWP, it is possible that as you have already received an increased award that you may need to make a new request for a Mandatory Reconsideration, although that is not our understanding of how the process is supposed to work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Susan
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133176 by Susan
Replied by Susan on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal
Hello again Gordon,
It is probably me not explaining myself very well. I HAVE sent the SSCS1 form along with the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice. It is just that I have not had any form of acknowledgement or receipt informing me that they have been received, and just wondered if this was normal practice, or would they acknowledge my communication?
Sorry to be such a pain.
Susan.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133186 by Gordon

Susan wrote: Hello again Gordon,
It is probably me not explaining myself very well. I HAVE sent the SSCS1 form along with the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice. It is just that I have not had any form of acknowledgement or receipt informing me that they have been received, and just wondered if this was normal practice, or would they acknowledge my communication?
Sorry to be such a pain.
Susan.

The Tribunal Service should acknowledge receipt of an appeal within 10 days so you should contact then to find out what is going on. Have a look at the following for the nearest office to you, you will need to follow the links in to the details to find the telephone number, it's not on the top page.

courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.