× Members

adhd child

• mety
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133407 by mety
adhd child was created by mety
Helo to everone on this forum. I have a child of 11 years of age who is on the spectrum and suffers with adhd and anxiety. He currently gets dla middle rate but runs out in 5 months. Recently we found out that ds will be going to a gramar school courtesy of him being a pupil premium child. I just wanted to know if it is still worth making a renewal claim or if it will be thrown out due to school his going to go to. In terms of the claim I believe that he is harder work now then he was when given the dla. He is much harder to look afer then his 7 year old sibling. The school generally say that he manges to behave reasonably up untill dinner time and when his meds wear off he gets progresively worse. This post is getting a bit long winded now. sorry all

Should i put a renewal claim in ?
Does anybody know of anyone to help fill the forms in birmingham area ? a welfare worker or like. ( my previous forms were filled in by a solicitor in birmingham city centre, they have now stopped taking on benefit cases .
Any advice please
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #133408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic adhd child
Mety

Any decision to re-apply is wholly yours, only you have an appreciation of how your son is affected on a daily, ignoring the effort and stress of applying which I accept is not easy to do, if his current claim ends in 5 months, you have nothing to lose by re-applying.

DLA is different for children versus adults in that children are also looked at in comparison to children of the same age, I would have a look at our DLA Claim guides for Children on the following link for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

To find assistance in your area do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town of county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 week ago #133411 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic adhd child
To add to Gordon's excellent advice - you might find that, now that your son is older, the additional needs that he has, over and above another child of the same age, are becoming more obvious despite his achieving Grammar School admission.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mety
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 week ago #133412 by mety
Replied by mety on topic adhd child
Thankyou for reply, the question of re-apply was specefic to him going to a grammar school in sept. Do people have knowledge of children still getting dla after admission to a grammar school. thanks

• mety
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 week ago #133415 by mety
Replied by mety on topic adhd child
oh sorry didnt see your post mrs H, I will take all advice on board. Finding welfare help has become so much more difficult then it was 2 years ago. thanks all

More
9 years 1 week ago #133417 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic adhd child

mety wrote: . Finding welfare help has become so much more difficult then it was 2 years ago.

It has indeed :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.