× Members

Thankyou & a question

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #133782 by Helen
Thankyou & a question was created by Helen
First of all I want to say a massive THANKYOU to Benefits & Work for their guides to ESA forms, I'm sure it's down to them that I've gone from SDA (Severe Disablement Allowance) to ESA: Support Group in one form :cheer:

I'm just wondering, if they've made a decision and they have not specifically said I need a medical (work-focused health related assessment), does it make the discussion of a medical assessment (in the section of the letter which seems to list every possible outcome) moot?

Thankyou so much again :)
Noisyworld
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #133791 by
Replied by on topic Thankyou & a question

Helen wrote: First of all I want to say a massive THANKYOU to Benefits & Work for their guides to ESA forms, I'm sure it's down to them that I've gone from SDA (Severe Disablement Allowance) to ESA: Support Group in one form :cheer:

I'm just wondering, if they've made a decision and they have not specifically said I need a medical (work-focused health related assessment), does it make the discussion of a medical assessment (in the section of the letter which seems to list every possible outcome) moot?

Thankyou so much again :)
Noisyworld

Hi H,

Welcome to the forum !

Many congratulations on the SG Award without the need for a "medical". :cheer:

Thanks for letting us know and for your positive comments regarding B&W ! :)

Work-Focused Health Related Assessments (WFHRA) where suspended some 4/5 years ago, and were never reinstated.

If you have been placed into The SG without a "medical" this is simply because they felt that you and/or any treating HCP's had provided enough evidence within The ESA50 and further medical evidence.

Now that you have The SG Award Decision Notice letter, you may find : This Post interesting.

See also : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

&

ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

More
9 years 1 month ago #133808 by Helen
Replied by Helen on topic Thankyou & a question
Thankyou, very interesting information, I've just got to remember it at a suitable moment.
It was the guides that gave me ideas of examples of my problem that I'd never have thought of on my own, just invaluable :)
I have done a little reading of the forum before but I've found it a bit overwhelming and too stressful & emotional when I was stressed out over the ESA application/decision, i.e. the last 6 months. :(

It's such a relief to know where I stand... just waiting for the powers that be to decide to mess with my DLA now!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris