× Members

DLA to PIP Assessment

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135103 by mazi
DLA to PIP Assessment was created by mazi
Hi, I had my DLA to PIP face to Face Assessment last Friday and cannot believe I was in there for 1 & 1/2 hrs being bombarded with questions the whole time, I came out drained and with a whacking headache. Everything has happened so fast from receiving my PIP form to filling in and sending back to having appointment for 2 weeks later for my face to face, 4 week turnaround in total.. I filled in the form with the help from your site, which was a great help in understanding some of the questions. Now I am starting to panic that they may not renew and this in turn has started to impact on my illnesses, I know it sounds silly and I should wait to see but with all these cutbacks I worry I will be one of the unlucky ones. I have received DLA for the last 4 yrs but this time it seemed so much harder to get them to understand how my illnesses affect my day to day living...... :(
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135134 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP Assessment
I am sorry that you are finding this whole process so stressful :( I do hope that you soon get a favourable decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135135 by
Replied by on topic DLA to PIP Assessment

mazi wrote: Hi, I had my DLA to PIP face to Face Assessment last Friday and cannot believe I was in there for 1 & 1/2 hrs being bombarded with questions the whole time, I came out drained and with a whacking headache. Everything has happened so fast from receiving my PIP form to filling in and sending back to having appointment for 2 weeks later for my face to face, 4 week turnaround in total.. I filled in the form with the help from your site, which was a great help in understanding some of the questions. Now I am starting to panic that they may not renew and this in turn has started to impact on my illnesses, I know it sounds silly and I should wait to see but with all these cutbacks I worry I will be one of the unlucky ones. I have received DLA for the last 4 yrs but this time it seemed so much harder to get them to understand how my illnesses affect my day to day living...... :(

Hi m,

I am sorry to hear that you found your PIP Consultation so traumatic ! :(

You could give it a week or so, then ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

You could also request a copy of The PIP Assessment Report whilst on the phone.

Some members have received the report before receiving the actual decision.

You should remember that the PIP Report will only include recommendations . It is The DWP PIP Decision Maker (Case Manager) that makes the final decision taking these recommendations and any other evidence that they have into account.

Good luck, and please keep us updated. :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #137240 by mazi
Replied by mazi on topic DLA to PIP Assessment
Thank you for your kind words. I received my decision letter and have scored 6 for daily living and 10 for mobility. Asked for a reconsideration as the HP Assessment report was full of his conclusions to my illnesses and how he thought they affected me even though I had tried to give him as much information as possible he simply had not taken any notice or recorded my facts to him. The reassessment came back today No Change the DM agrees with everything on the form. Rang and spoke to a very nice lady at the DWP and she advised Appealing straight away. I had rang when I was asking for the reassessment and also advised I was sending in a letter from my doctor which I have been told today was voided, they had not waited for my doctors confirmation of my mobility problems and had gone ahead and reassessed without this evidence. Hence I am starting an Appeal...Any suggestions would be appreciated but I will be reading up on B & W ways to help me with my appeal paperwork.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Assessment
Mazi

If you are now going to appeal you should have a look at the PIP Appeal guide, it explains how to download and complete the form you need to use to request an appeal, there is also a guide that cover preparing a submission for the appeal.

Whilst the Tribunal will look at your claim from scratch your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria for the award you believe you should receive. There are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

If you have any questions about the criteria then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mazi

More
8 years 9 months ago #138881 by mazi
Replied by mazi on topic DLA to PIP Assessment
Hi Gordon.
I have noticed while going through my appeal paperwork that the HP took a further two & a half days to complete my assessment paperwork for the DWP, Even though I had a early morning appointment and had clearly heard the receptionist on the desk saying I was the only one in on that day.....Do you know if this is normal practice & could this also be one of the factors why the HP made numerous errors and failed to note down details I had given him regarding how my disabilities affect me on a daily basis? He also failed to note the letter I gave him that my daughter had submitted as she is my carer and has insight of how I am on a daily basis. The HP glanced at the letter and told me he could not take it into account and that I would have to send to DWP. I certainly believe that the letter was given no consideration by either the HP or DM @ DWP. I have taken your advise and shown on my appeal letter where I feel that I meet the criteria for the Daily Living Component of which I scored only 6 points. I have also made the tribunal aware that the DWP disregarded my doctors support letter that was being sent to them and went ahead and did a reconsideration without it.....I am now awaiting a date for my tribunal. Thank you for your help so far
Mary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.