× Members

Timescale once PIP claim has been initiated

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135509 by Kat10
Hi
I am about to start a claim for PIP and I'm wondering what is the usual timescales are between phases. For example once initial contact is made and PIP1 Personal Independence Payment claim form has been completed to receiving and completing a PIP2 How your disability affects you form and then following the above having a face-to-face assessment with a health professional?
I have looked at the guidance and apologies if I have missed the advice.
Many thanks Kat10
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #135516 by

Kat10 wrote: Hi
I am about to start a claim for PIP and I'm wondering what is the usual timescales are between phases. For example once initial contact is made and PIP1 Personal Independence Payment claim form has been completed to receiving and completing a PIP2 How your disability affects you form and then following the above having a face-to-face assessment with a health professional?
I have looked at the guidance and apologies if I have missed the advice.
Many thanks Kat10

Hi K10,

It is difficult to give an accurate figure as there will be regional variations.

I see from your topic : Here, that you are transferring over to PIP after reporting a C of C to DLA.

As you will see in This News Article The DWP are stating that average waiting times are now 15 weeks.

Things do seem to have speeded up, and we have heard recently from some members where they have received an assessment and subsequent decision within 2 or 3 weeks of sending their PIP 2 Form back.

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135531 by Kat10
Many thanks for your helpful advice. Just two other points: first , is there a benefit to requesting the PIP1 form to be sent to me for completion in writing as opposed to doing it over the phone (I want to make sure DWP consider evidence from my DLA)? Secondly, do DWP put a deadline on completion of the PIP2 form?
Thanks again for your help
Kat10
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Timescale once PIP claim has been initiated

Kat10 wrote: Many thanks for your helpful advice. Just two other points: first , is there a benefit to requesting the PIP1 form to be sent to me for completion in writing as opposed to doing it over the phone (I want to make sure DWP consider evidence from my DLA)? Secondly, do DWP put a deadline on completion of the PIP2 form?
Thanks again for your help
Kat10

It's up to you with regard to the PIP1 form, you can always ask the person you are speaking to on the phone to confirm that they have selected this.

You will have 4 weeks to complete and return the PIP2 form, there will be a date in the accompanying letter by which your forms have to be with the DWP by, a late return can result in your claim being closed so we recommend sending the forms using a tracked delivery and also for you to contact the DWP to confirm receipt.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kat10

More
8 years 11 months ago #135535 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Timescale once PIP claim has been initiated
The time to send your supporting evidence is with the PIP2 form, not when the claim is initiated with a PIP1.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kat10

• Maddymoo
8 years 11 months ago #135538 by Maddymoo
Replied by Maddymoo on topic Timescale once PIP claim has been initiated
When I telephoned to the day of assesment (today)it was approximately 3 weeks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.