× Members

ESA whilst on sabbatical

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135766 by Dee7468
ESA whilst on sabbatical was created by Dee7468
I have been on long term sick for almost a year, my employer is struggling without me and I know I am close to a 3rd and final review on their sickness policy. I am no where near ready to return to work. I am currently receiving ESA. (CB) since February and have just been awarded pip. It would be a huge benefit to the organisation (as they could recruit a temporary replacement) and to me so I don't have to loose my job if I took a 6 month sabbatical but I think I would not be entitled to ESA if I take this option. Does anyone know if this is correct please?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135780 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA whilst on sabbatical
Hi Dee,

I am not sure that you are right. ESA is payable whether you are in employment (as long as you are not getting SSP) or not.

I'm sure one of the other mods will correct me if I am wrong!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dee7468

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135781 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA whilst on sabbatical
Hi D,

MHB is indeed correct !

Another aspect to consider is that payment of CB ESA only, whilst not in The Support Group, (SG) only lasts for 365 days : 12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

So unless you are assessed and placed into The SG before 365 days have passed your CB ESA payments would cease.

You would then have to undergo the means test for entitlement to payment of Income Related (IR) ESA.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135788 by Dee7468
Replied by Dee7468 on topic ESA whilst on sabbatical
Many thanks for clarifying this, my intention initially would be to go for a 6 month sabbatical. I have been on CB ESA for 15 weeks and as yet have not received the medical questionnaire or been called for any type of assessment.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #135789 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA whilst on sabbatical

Dee wrote: Many thanks for clarifying this, my intention initially would be to go for a 6 month sabbatical. I have been on CB ESA for 15 weeks and as yet have not received the medical questionnaire or been called for any type of assessment.

Hi D,

Even though we have heard from several members where they have waited over a year for an assessment "After" returning their ESA50 Questionnaire, it is unusual that you have not yet received your ESA50 15 weeks into your claim.

You could make a start on the Pdf version now in anticipation of receiving the hard copy ESA50 through the post :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135791 by Dee7468
Replied by Dee7468 on topic ESA whilst on sabbatical
It seems quite bizarre that u fill in these type forms for pip and have the face to face assessment yet one cannot inform the other. What a waste of time and money. I will take your advice and make a start ready. Thanks again

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.