× Members

ESA

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136962 by xpgoldmaxx
ESA was created by xpgoldmaxx
Hi All
About 2 weeks ago i sent in a form to claim a disability premium because i was awarded middle rate care in april this year.

I got a phone call today from ESA to say i can't get the premium because i don't get care component i said to him that i get middle rate care and within a split second he said that i do qualify fot it so he must have been looking at all the information on my claim so way say that i did not qualify for it any body else had this happen to them.
regards
paul
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #136968 by
Replied by on topic ESA

xpgoldmaxx wrote: Hi All
About 2 weeks ago i sent in a form to claim a disability premium because i was awarded middle rate care in april this year.

I got a phone call today from ESA to say i can't get the premium because i don't get care component i said to him that i get middle rate care and within a split second he said that i do qualify fot it so he must have been looking at all the information on my claim so way say that i did not qualify for it any body else had this happen to them.
regards
paul

Hi xpgm,

If you are in receipt of MR or HR Care DLA, or have a PIP Daily Living Award, have entitlement to payment of Income Related (IR) ESA and fulfil the other qualifying criteria :

ESA Premiums

You should be paid The Severe Disability Premium (SDP) on top of your normal ESA payments.

Your experience on the phone just sounds like another cock-up by a DWP ESA Call Responder.

You should receive written confirmation.

bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago #136992 by xpgoldmaxx
Replied by xpgoldmaxx on topic ESA
Hi
I am on MR Care&Income related ESA.
Please can you tell me how much a week i will get.
thanks
paul

More
8 years 10 months ago #137007 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

xpgoldmaxx wrote: Hi
I am on MR Care&Income related ESA.
Please can you tell me how much a week i will get.
thanks
paul

I am afraid there is not sufficient information in your posts to do any sort of calculation!

Have a look at one of the online calculators, they are simple to use, all you have to do is answer the questions asked with your own circumstances.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris