× Members

Pip2 success

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137035 by derek
Pip2 success was created by derek
Hi all

Just to let you know that I was awarded enhanced rate mobility again, but the biggest surprise that I had was they awarded me standard rate care. Why the surprise, because I told hcp that I was installing a wet room with a seat attached to the wall, I have grab rails next to the toilet and one in the shower unit. I said I'm getting ready for the future and that I don't think I'm ready yet, 8 weeks later I had a phone call from a decision maker asking a couple questions , he said I see that you have written on your form that you have increased pain in your left hip, and how long have you had the increased pain, I said about 6 months, he asked why did I not report it to them, I said I'm on the enhanced rate for mobility so would make no difference to me, I'm not after any more benifits and left it at that. I did ask why are they seeing us one year before end date, I was told that there are huge back logs and seeing us eary means there should be no break in your payments. I see that I have the same again one year early. Just to let you know these are my conditions heart failure / post viral fatigue / me / industrial back injury/ osteoarthritis in both hips
Good luck to one and all, big thank you to B and W and to all the mods.

All the best
Derek.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #137037 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip2 success

derek wrote: Hi all

Just to let you know that I was awarded enhanced rate mobility again, but the biggest surprise that I had was they awarded me standard rate care. Why the surprise, because I told hcp that I was installing a wet room with a seat attached to the wall, I have grab rails next to the toilet and one in the shower unit. I said I'm getting ready for the future and that I don't think I'm ready yet, 8 weeks later I had a phone call from a decision maker asking a couple questions , he said I see that you have written on your form that you have increased pain in your left hip, and how long have you had the increased pain, I said about 6 months, he asked why did I not report it to them, I said I'm on the enhanced rate for mobility so would make no difference to me, I'm not after any more benifits and left it at that. I did ask why are they seeing us one year before end date, I was told that there are huge back logs and seeing us eary means there should be no break in your payments. I see that I have the same again one year early. Just to let you know these are my conditions heart failure / post viral fatigue / me / industrial back injury/ osteoarthritis in both hips
Good luck to one and all, big thank you to B and W and to all the mods.

All the best
Derek.

Congratulations d !! :cheer:

Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words regarding all at B&W !

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris