× Members

PIP Appeal Tomorrow

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137705 by raindaisy
PIP Appeal Tomorrow was created by raindaisy
HI

I am going through the appeal papers , on page 26 of the HCP report for PIP , the HCP is asked

"based on claimants likely future circumstances , it would be appropriate to review claim in :

and she has put 2 years 0 months

then in box "justification for reveiw period choice :

she has put : " Although she has further investigations planned , she suffers from chronic conditions which are unlikely to change significantly over time . Therefore , no review would be required"

this is written by a HCP who consistently written on each page "although she reports ...she has no significant condition ...etc"

i have submitted my response to the tribunal , and it is the hearing is tomorrow. If the appeal is not allowed , does that mean , by the top statement , i can not reapply for 2 years? or am i just being thick here, and see a contradiction in terms of the above justification..given the report is not fit for purpose?

thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137707 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Appeal Tomorrow

raindaisy wrote: HI

I am going through the appeal papers , on page 26 of the HCP report for PIP , the HCP is asked

"based on claimants likely future circumstances , it would be appropriate to review claim in :

and she has put 2 years 0 months

then in box "justification for reveiw period choice :

she has put : " Although she has further investigations planned , she suffers from chronic conditions which are unlikely to change significantly over time . Therefore , no review would be required"

this is written by a HCP who consistently written on each page "although she reports ...she has no significant condition ...etc"

i have submitted my response to the tribunal , and it is the hearing is tomorrow. If the appeal is not allowed , does that mean , by the top statement , i can not reapply for 2 years? or am i just being thick here, and see a contradiction in terms of the above justification..given the report is not fit for purpose?

thanks in advance.

Hi rd,

The comments made by The PIP Assessor are just "recommendations", albeit contradictory recommendations !

In the unfortunate event that your appeal fails tomorrow, there is nothing to stop you making a fresh claim for PIP straight away.

You would also have the option of seeking leave to appeal to The Upper Tier, if you could show that The Tribunal had erred in law in coming to any adverse decision.

Positive thoughts coming your way, and fingers crossed for you !!!! :)

Please let us know how you got on !!

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137711 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Appeal Tomorrow
Thank you bro58..and all of you , your site is a god send ,

i had gall bladder surgery 11 days ago, was worried i might not make it to appeal as FM has not helped the healing process, but i will go , as want this all done and out of the way. i am not able to drive and the only person who can me is my OH , who I care for!!

i have to think about it , he is really the person who sees and helps me at my worst times, even thou it would be a huge effort for him to come too, i just cant help thinking he is next on the government hit list , as in SG and on DLA, for stroke and heart lung and blood disease. !
thanks again.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137713 by bro58

raindaisy wrote: Thank you bro58..and all of you , your site is a god send ,

i had gall bladder surgery 11 days ago, was worried i might not make it to appeal as FM has not helped the healing process, but i will go , as want this all done and out of the way. i am not able to drive and the only person who can me is my OH , who I care for!!

i have to think about it , he is really the person who sees and helps me at my worst times, even thou it would be a huge effort for him to come too, i just cant help thinking he is next on the government hit list , as in SG and on DLA, for stroke and heart lung and blood disease. !
thanks again.

Hi rd,

You are most welcome !!! :)

You should explain to The Panel about your operation, and how difficult it has been for you and OH to attend.

Although you should remember that they will only be "re-looking" at how you were at the time of the adverse decision and not how you have been at any time since.

I wouldn't necessarily volunteer information regarding you being "carer" for OH, unless they ask you specifically.

You should obviously not tell "lies" but you are under no obligation to volunteer information.

If the subject of you caring for OH is brought up, you should be prepared with counter arguments regarding how the type of care that you provide for him is not contrary to your stated limitations.

"Care" does not have to be of a physical nature alone, it can be supervisory, watching over, comforting, reminding and coaxing, helping with medication, etc, etc.

Best of luck !!! :)

bro58

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137715 by bro58
Hi rd,

A quick footnote before I log off :

"Although you should remember that they will only be "re-looking" at how you were at the time of the adverse decision and not how you have been at any time since."

Taking the above into account, your "caring" responsibilities could only be brought up by The Panel if you were providing the "care" at the time of the adverse decision. ( If they are aware of it)

As advised in my previous post, this being the case, if it is brought up, have your counter arguments ready.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137824 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic PIP Appeal Tomorrow
hi bro i posted under a new topic ,

my husband was there today , and looked like cr*p!! I think they took into account the caring i do for him, albeit mainly monitoring persuading etc...

i scored 8 pts fr moving around and 0 for Care. But its ok. i was expecting nothing at all .

Thanks Bro

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.