× Members

Informing DWP

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139415 by Samra
Informing DWP was created by Samra
I spoke to CAB and she said that pip you don't have to inform but ESA have to but won't be a problem because it's 5 weeks .
Just to make it clear is there a form that will need to be filled in or just inform them ? If so by letter or phone ?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139416 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Informing DWP

Samra wrote: I spoke to CAB and she said that pip you don't have to inform but ESA have to but won't be a problem because it's 5 weeks .
Just to make it clear is there a form that will need to be filled in or just inform them ? If so by letter or phone ?

Hi S,

I beg to differ with CAB If they have told you that being abroad for more than 4 weeks is fine whilst receiving ESA !!

The ESA Regulations make it quite clear that only 4 weeks is allowed, as we have previously pointed out in : This Topic

Of course, it is your choice on how to proceed.

bro58

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #139418 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Informing DWP

bro58 wrote:

Samra wrote: I spoke to CAB and she said that pip you don't have to inform but ESA have to but won't be a problem because it's 5 weeks .

Hi S,

I beg to differ with CAB If they have told you that being abroad for more than 4 weeks is fine whilst receiving ESA !!

The ESA Regulations make it quite clear that only 4 weeks is allowed, as we have previously pointed out in : This Topic

Of course, it is your choice on how to proceed.

bro58

Hi S

You could initially phone ESA, then confirm in writing !

I believe there may be a BF5 Form to fill in.

Reiteration of how much of a problem going abroad for more than 4 weeks whilst in receipt of ESA can cause is made apparent in this rightsnet thread :

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/4955/

See also : ESA Regulation 152. (2008) :

"Short absence

152. A claimant is to continue to be entitled to an employment and support allowance during the first 4 weeks of a temporary absence from Great Britain if—

(a)the period of absence is unlikely to exceed 52 weeks; and

(b)while absent from Great Britain, the claimant continues to satisfy the other conditions of entitlement to that employment and support allowance"

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris