× Members

Been called for Medical, but have not made a claim

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139874 by Sweets1968
: :unsure:
Hubby very recently won his ESA appeal at tribunal. (Thanks to B&W).
Now, yesterday I received an appointment requesting Me to go for a medical in 2 weeks time.
I, have not made a claim.
Do, I need to attend ?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139875 by bro58

Sweetspot68 wrote: : :unsure:
Hubby very recently won his ESA appeal at tribunal. (Thanks to B&W).
Now, yesterday I received an appointment requesting Me to go for a medical in 2 weeks time.
I, have not made a claim.
Do, I need to attend ?

Hi Sp68,

Are you sure that the appointment is for an ESA face to face "medical" for you, and not an appointment with JC Plus for an interview as your husband claims ESA for you as his partner ?

If it was for an ESA face to face, the appointment letter would be from : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139877 by Sweets1968
Hi, bro58,

Yes it was definitely from The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments.
I, am in receipt of DLA, which was renewed last July until July 2017. Yes my hubby claims for me in his ESA.

Feeling worried, & sick

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139878 by bro58

Sweetspot68 wrote: Hi, bro58,

Yes it was definitely from The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments.
I, am in receipt of DLA, which was renewed last July until July 2017. Yes my hubby claims for me in his ESA.

Feeling worried, & sick

Hi Sp68,

O.K., if the letter is definitely from Maximus (CHDA), it cannot be anything to do with your DLA !!

CHDA only deal with ESA, ATOS and Capita deal with DLA to PIP transfer assessments !!

As the partner on your husband's joint/couple ESA claim, there are no circumstances where you would have to undergo an ESA face to face assessment. ("medical")

The reason that I asked whether the letter was from your local JC Plus office is that they do sometimes require the partner of an ESA claimant with a joint claim to attend short interviews.

I can only surmise that the letter is meant for your hubby, and they have incorrectly addressed it to you.

Obviously, I am only guessing !!

You need to contact CHDA ASAP tomorrow to try and gain some clarity.

Please return to this topic tomorrow with an update after you have contacted CHDA and we will try to advise further !

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #139880 by Sweets1968
Thank you Bro,

I, will Deffo come back on tomorrow to let you know what is going on after I have rang them.

Thank you, for all your help/input, Past & Present.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139881 by bro58

Sweetspot68 wrote: Thank you Bro,

I, will Deffo come back on tomorrow to let you know what is going on after I have rang them.

Thank you, for all your help/input, Past & Present.

HI Sp68,

You're welcome !

In the mean time, try not to worry !! :)

I'll look out for your update tomorrow !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.