× Members

Pip

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139901 by Louise
Pip was created by Louise
Good afternoon. My daughter had her assessment just over 3 weeks ago, she reached 16 so I had to apply for pip as her dla was only awarded until she was 16. She's autistic, has a/d/d, and general learning difficulties. I included her statement and reports from school highlighting that academically she was at about age 7/8. I have to do everything for her and her communication is very limited and she is never out without an adult. I felt like the assesment went well, we had a nice lady from capita come to the house and felt quite positive. But when I chased it up a few days ago they said they had wrote to my daughters gp, do you think this is a bad sign? I know there are other children in my daughters special school that have been awarded pip and got decisions a week after their assessment. I'm really worried and starting to think the worse. Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip

Louise wrote: Good afternoon. My daughter had her assessment just over 3 weeks ago, she reached 16 so I had to apply for pip as her dla was only awarded until she was 16. She's autistic, has a/d/d, and general learning difficulties. I included her statement and reports from school highlighting that academically she was at about age 7/8. I have to do everything for her and her communication is very limited and she is never out without an adult. I felt like the assesment went well, we had a nice lady from capita come to the house and felt quite positive. But when I chased it up a few days ago they said they had wrote to my daughters gp, do you think this is a bad sign? I know there are other children in my daughters special school that have been awarded pip and got decisions a week after their assessment. I'm really worried and starting to think the worse. Help!

As a general rule I think the Assessor contacting her GP is a positive thing as they only tend to do this when they are considering a higher award, it will of course depend on how her GP responds? If they are up to date with your daughters conditions and limitations and they are engaged in her on-going treatment then I would expect them to produce a detailed positive report, if they are not then it may be more of a problem.

It would be worth checking whether they have returned the form yet and if not booking an appointment to discuss it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139907 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Pip
Thank you for the reply Gordon.
We have recently seen our gp and had quite an in depth chat about all my daughters difficulties so I would hope she would write a favourable report.
It's really worrying me as now my daughter has turned 16 I have to pay £550 for her transport to get to school, and not sure how I would manage to do this if we was turned down for pip.
Her DLA was extended until a decision is made on her pip claim, if we had to appeal would the dla money stop while the appeal was in progress?
Many thanks for you help

• Louise
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #139908 by Louise
Replied by Louise on topic Pip
Sorry Gordon, it was the Decision maker that has requested info from the gp not the assesser, do you think this is still a good sign?

More
8 years 8 months ago #139909 by Gordon

Louise wrote: Thank you for the reply Gordon.
We have recently seen our gp and had quite an in depth chat about all my daughters difficulties so I would hope she would write a favourable report.
It's really worrying me as now my daughter has turned 16 I have to pay £550 for her transport to get to school, and not sure how I would manage to do this if we was turned down for pip.
Her DLA was extended until a decision is made on her pip claim, if we had to appeal would the dla money stop while the appeal was in progress?
Many thanks for you help

Whatever happens with her PIP claim the DLA award will stop four weeks after the Decision on her PIP claim is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise

More
8 years 8 months ago #139910 by Gordon

Louise wrote: Sorry Gordon, it was the Decision maker that has requested info from the gp not the assesser, do you think this is still a good sign?

It's unusual for the Decision Maker to request further information but I don't think there doing so is anything itself to worry about.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.