× Members

Home Visit

More
8 years 7 months ago #140923 by freeway
Home Visit was created by freeway
My husband is at present on DLA and is shortly coming to the end of his fixed period.
He was requested to fill out PIP form and return which we subsequently did together with letters from doctor and consultants.
He has received a letter from Atos for a home visit.
He did not request this.
Is that normal as we expected to go to a medical centre?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140940 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit

freeway wrote: My husband is at present on DLA and is shortly coming to the end of his fixed period.
He was requested to fill out PIP form and return which we subsequently did together with letters from doctor and consultants.
He has received a letter from Atos for a home visit.
He did not request this.
Is that normal as we expected to go to a medical centre?

It is unusual for ATOS, it would suggest that accept that he has significant problems.

The PIP Claim guide has a section covering the assessment, a home one is not significantly different from at ATOS's offices.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freeway

More
8 years 7 months ago #141274 by tector
Replied by tector on topic Home Visit
i got a home visit because mong othe things i suffer from ptsd. it was on 23rd of december and my nephew whos a barber had called the night brfore and cut my hair. she said i looked well groomed and healthy
i have one leg 2 inches shorter than the other. i was in my bare feet and i walked 5 steps to my bedroom for an inhaler. she said my gait was normal and that i could easily walk 200 yards.
after about 15 years on high mobility and middle care she swiped the lot of me. tribunal still pending.
tell him to wear shorts and a loose fitting t shirt cos some of the judge the way you dress so wear as little as possible

More
8 years 7 months ago #141328 by freeway
Replied by freeway on topic Home Visit
Hi
got a home visit on the 24th September lady telephoned before she visiited.
All we can do is wait and see, she said it would be between 4/8 weeks until we
hear anything.
My husband has numerous conditions and she was with us about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Will keep you updated
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 7 months ago #141741 by freeway
Replied by freeway on topic Home Visit
:woohoo:

The dreaded brown envelope came today as we were not expecting it for another few
weeks it was quite a surprise.
My husband is elated awarded higher rate care allowance and lower rate mobility.
Although quite a few thing have been missed and this was down to us as very nervous about home assessment he does not intend to contest it as quite happy with outcome.
He has been awarded this for three years.
Thank you for all the hard work you do and reading other peoples posts has helped us.
The lady who visited us from Atos was very nice and told us to get an occupational therapists assessment to see if they could help further.
Keep up the good work.
Once again thank you.
only took 12 days to get outcome from visit.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141754 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit
Freeway

Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.