× Members

won appeal many over turned by dwp

• sandra
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #140945 by sandra
won appeal many over turned by dwp was created by sandra
hi there went with my son 25th august against on suspension due to not receiving letter for medical won appeal .Phoned last week to see how my son claim is getting on was told that although we won appeal That dwp can reverse it is this true thanks :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #140953 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp

sandra wrote: hi there went with my son 25th august against on suspension due to not receiving letter for medical won appeal .Phoned last week to see how my son claim is getting on was told that although we won appeal That dwp can reverse it is this true thanks :angry:

Hi s,

No the DWP cannot simply reverse it, but they can seek leave to appeal the decision to The Upper Tier if it can be shown that the Tribunal have erred in law in coming to the decision.

See : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• sandra
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #141006 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp
:i went to: : esa appeal with my son 25th august where the suspended my son since 21st april as the said they had sent letter in march to go somewhere for a medical .we explained did not receive the letter dwp won appeal in august. phoned to see how long as he has no money since april.to be tolld dwp have the right to over rid appeal decision.why bother to let you appeal if thats not final any help or advise needed :angry:

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #141011 by bro58

sandra wrote: :i went to: : esa appeal with my son 25th august where the suspended my son since 21st april as the said they had sent letter in march to go somewhere for a medical .we explained did not receive the letter dwp won appeal in august. phoned to see how long as he has no money since april.to be tolld dwp have the right to over rid appeal decision.why bother to let you appeal if thats not final any help or advise needed :angry:

Hi s,

Please do not post in capitals !!!

It won't make us answer any sooner and comes across as shouting to members that use screen reader software.

I answered your duplicate query above earlier on today which included a link to another post, as seen above !!

The DWP cannot simply reverse a Tribunal decision !!

It would be normal for the DWP to take 6-8 weeks to take action on a Tribunal decision.

You need to contact DWP ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

bro58

• sandra
  • Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #141012 by sandra
Replied by sandra on topic won appeal many over turned by dwp
How long do i need to wait to find out what happening when we phoned was told there's no time it takes as long as they want thanks sandra great site keep up great work.

[Edited from capitals to lower case (Again)

bro58]

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #141013 by bro58

sandra wrote: How long do i need to wait to find out what happening when we phoned was told there's no time it takes as long as they want thanks sandra great site keep up great work.

(Edited from capital to lower case (Again)

bro58)

Hi s,

As I have already stated, 6 to 8 weeks is the norm !!

They cannot take as long as they want, and if the delay continues, you can complain to your M.P.

Contacting your MP

Or, you could ring ESA, the earlier the better, and ask for an escalation to a Supervisor/Manager.

This will involve a call back, that's why you need to ring early !!

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.