× Members

PIP INFO.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #141879 by Lawson
PIP INFO. was created by Lawson
Hi

I have a couple of questions that I hope you could advise on:

1) I have paid on a few occasions to have copies of medical letters that consultants from my local hospital sent to other consultants and my GP. I also have copies of letters from various hospitals over the years both NHS and private hospitals (sent when applying for ESA (am in support group). Most letters now are from one consultant who gives some periodic steroid /local anaesthetic injections around the base of my spine to try to help temporarily (I have widespread chronic pain and fibromyalgia over 29year period and have exhausted any possibility of help including private and holistic treatments and 3 residential Pain Clinics over the years. It has been clearly stated that there are no options open to me re: still increasing pain).

Is it sensible to include as much of this information as possible with a PIP application or will too much info.cause them to not bother reading any?

2) In the section concerning walking ability it also includes "it varies". Should you tick this along with another box indicating distance?

3)Although I can at certain times move certain distances I cannot walk any distance at all without severe pain and discomfort and an increase when I stop. Does this mean the 20 metre limit is applicable?

I would appreciate your considered response. Thanks - Lawson
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #141899 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP INFO.
Hi Lawson and welcome to the forum. I am unsure whether you are new or if you have not posted since the change of software - so I will post this link to help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

1) It is impossible to say how much evidence you should submit. It needs to be enough to back up your application but there is little point submitting lots of letters saying 'I saw Mr Lawson and nothing has changed' (for example). I tend to advise one letter confirming diagnosis, one explaining your current limitations and, if the diagnosis was made years ago, one saying that the problem persists for each condition. Obviously, this is entirely up to you and you should include anything you think will be helpful.

2) If you walking ability varies widely from one day to another, then tick the 'it varies' box. Make sure you explain in detail.

3) Any distance walked once pain has set in should be disregarded.

This is all explained in our PIP guides.

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawson

More
8 years 6 months ago #142140 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP INFO.
Thanks Mrs.Hurtyback
I was just wondering if the many letters I have from various Hospitals both private and NHS would evidence both the longevity of my condition and the many steps I've taken to try to find solutions.
I now have recently only the periodic letters sent to my G.P. from the Consultant who administers the injections as there is nowhere for me to go to get any help with my condition (I have a letter from a few years ago from a leading Pain Consultant saying that he can offer me nothing. more). Sorry to bother you but I, like many, don't know what to do for the best. Thank you for your help. Lawson

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142148 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP INFO.
If you can tie the letters to specific points tou are making on the form then perhaps it would be best to include them. For example you could say the first time I had such and such, backed up by letter A, follow up treatments, letters B-Z.
I think it is always best to give them more than what they are looking for.
Your post suggests you have a reason for including each letter as proof of the long term nature of your condition and the many steps you have taken.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142233 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP INFO.
Thank you foss27 - this appears the best plan for me where most investigative medical tests, diagnosis and prognosis is from some time ago as the answer is "There is nothing we can do for him". However I shall include as much more recent letters i.e. family, colleagues etc. I think I shall just use the "scattergun" approach and hope some of it sticks.

Sorry but I have one more question I would appreciate help with:
When attaching EXTRA pages with the form describing the effects a condition has on your ability to carry out certain tasks either as well as OR instead of filling it in on the form and putting "see attached details etc." is it possible to then include this information sheet typewritten or must it still be handwritten? Thank you so much for your consideration - I shall try not to trouble you again so soon. With much appreciation Lawson
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

8 years 6 months ago #142236 by
Replied by on topic PIP INFO.

lawson wrote: Thank you foss27 - this appears the best plan for me where most investigative medical tests, diagnosis and prognosis is from some time ago as the answer is "There is nothing we can do for him". However I shall include as much more recent letters i.e. family, colleagues etc. I think I shall just use the "scattergun" approach and hope some of it sticks.

Sorry but I have one more question I would appreciate help with:
When attaching EXTRA pages with the form describing the effects a condition has on your ability to carry out certain tasks either as well as OR instead of filling it in on the form and putting "see attached details etc." is it possible to then include this information sheet typewritten or must it still be handwritten? Thank you so much for your consideration - I shall try not to trouble you again so soon. With much appreciation Lawson

Hi l,

There is nothing to stop you writing in each Text Box on the PIP 2 : "Please see my response on added A4 Page xx of xx", then typing your responses on the A4 pages.

You should head each separate A4 page with your Name, DOB, Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

You can then attach the added A4 pages to the PIP 2 Form, by stapling them or using Treasury Tags, etc.

You could also provide an Index to the A4 pages to accompany your PIP 2.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.