× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Decision

More
8 years 6 months ago #141993 by mark m
Mandatory Reconsideration Decision was created by mark m
My partner has switched from a high rate care,low rate mobility lifetime DLA to PIP.
Her award on PIP is standard care and standard mobility until may 2021
Decision received 25 may 2015.After registering with this site and reading through the guides.
I realised the mistakes I made on completing her forms,not enough detailed information on how her disability affects her daily living.I set about putting this right by asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration.
After following your guides,I had sent in further information detailing the effects her disability has on her daily living, in total further evidence contained 10 A4 sheets of material in support of her reconsideration.
Mandatory Reconsideration was dated and sent on 1 June 2015 and received by DWP on 09 June 2015.
Reconsideration Decision received on 10 October 2015 16 weeks later.
No change in her award.
The notification decision states, the evidence considered as was identified in the,How your disability affects you form.
There is no mention whether the additional evidence had been looked at or assessed as part of their decision.
Basically they have ignored or totally disregarded the additional supporting evidence sent in.
I am in a bit of a quandary as what to do next.

Do I telephone them and ask the reasons why ? If it is a mistake on their part,prob have to wait many more months for a decision.

Do I go straight to appeal ? If I use the first option,then obviously the 1 month timescale to appeal would have elapsed.

A little advice would be very welcome indeed.

Brief History; I have been a carer for my partner for 18 yrs. Came out of work all those years ago to care for my partner and help bring up the family.Her condition has worsened over that time and requires constant care and supervision 24 hrs a day.Illnesses are as follows ; Severe Depression, Self Harm, Overdoses, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Agoraphobia, COPD and Leaking Heart Valve.

I know if the additional evidence were to be assessed, her Points would have gone up.
On some of the Descriptors she had scored no points based on the little information in the form. After sending in much more detailed evidence in support of her claim, it has become pretty clear the decision maker has not taken any of this into account. MANY THANKS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142011 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Decision
I would go straight to appeal if I were you.
It may take some time to get a hearing but the sooner you file the appeal the sooner it is in the queue.
Hopefully you have kept a copy of all the additional material you submitted to the MR.
You can send this again to the appeal.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142019 by mark m
Replied by mark m on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Decision
Thank you for the advice and replying so promptly.I will get straight onto Lodging an appeal today.Yes I did keep a copy of the additional evidence as I always do now when dealing with the DWP.
Thanks Again. Keep you posted on the outcome, whenever that may be.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153549 by mark m
Replied by mark m on topic Appeal On Papers / Victory For PIP
Received brown envelope in post on decision of my partners appeal on papers for PIP.

Original decision : standard daily living 11 pts / standard mobility 8 pts.

After Following the guides to a tee on preparing for the appeal, disputing descriptors i felt unhappy with and challenging them giving reasons why i thought was wrong.

I stated the reasons why and the points i felt she have been awarded.

I submitted 10 pages of A4 material outlining my objections with no additional medical evidence.

I asked the tribunal to take this information as further evidence for submission on appeal.

I asked on consideration of this for 19 pts to be awarded on daily living and 14 pts to be awarded on mobility.

On opening the envelope with no real confidence of a change of decision, i was somewhat
surprised of the outcome.

Tribunal Decision: Enhanced Daily Living 13 pts. Enhanced Mobility 14 pts.

My partner was a bit emotional on giving her the news.
At least it's 1 less thing to worry about for the next 4 yrs.

Thanks very much to all at Benefits and Work for the brilliant guides and the unlimited advice given to members on the forum. All do a fantastic job.

To all members going through this process, DO NOT give up and wish you ALL the best of luck.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

More
8 years 1 month ago #153550 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Decision
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :) It really gives our members hope when they see someone who has persevered and, finally, got the correct decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

8 years 1 month ago #153551 by

mark m wrote: Received brown envelope in post on decision of my partners appeal on papers for PIP.

Original decision : standard daily living 11 pts / standard mobility 8 pts.

After Following the guides to a tee on preparing for the appeal, disputing descriptors i felt unhappy with and challenging them giving reasons why i thought was wrong.

I stated the reasons why and the points i felt she have been awarded.

I submitted 10 pages of A4 material outlining my objections with no additional medical evidence.

I asked the tribunal to take this information as further evidence for submission on appeal.

I asked on consideration of this for 19 pts to be awarded on daily living and 14 pts to be awarded on mobility.

On opening the envelope with no real confidence of a change of decision, i was somewhat
surprised of the outcome.

Tribunal Decision: Enhanced Daily Living 13 pts. Enhanced Mobility 14 pts.

My partner was a bit emotional on giving her the news.
At least it's 1 less thing to worry about for the next 4 yrs.

Thanks very much to all at Benefits and Work for the brilliant guides and the unlimited advice given to members on the forum. All do a fantastic job.

To all members going through this process, DO NOT give up and wish you ALL the best of luck.

Hi mm,

Many congratulations on your PIP Appeal win !!! :cheer:

Thank you very much for your comments regarding all at B&W, they are appreciated !! :) :)

It can take 4-8 weeks for DWP to action the Tribunal's decision, but it could be sooner !

You would be entitled to any back payments owed as a result of The Tribunal decision from the date of the adverse decision appealed.

You could give DWP 4-5 weeks then if you have not heard anything you could contact them.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.