× Members

Medical assessor's & DWP's point allocation

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142585 by soupdragonsmum
Medical assessor's & DWP's point allocation was created by soupdragonsmum
Hi, I had my PIP f2f "medical" last week and, as advised, requested a copy of the written report which has arrived today. In it are scores awarded as per the scale you have online.

My query is this: Are the assessor's point score recommendations (in the written report):

- usually
- sometimes
- rarely or
- never

an accurate reflection of the points awarded consequently by the DWP assessor?

If they follow her recommendations, I should just about cling on to the equivalent of my existing DLA award ...

Secondly, as my DLA award was to mid January 2016 and I am assessed for PIP as less needy, do I just lose the amount of the DLA award which would have been paid between now and January?

Thankyou so much for helping us all :kiss:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142595 by bro58

soupdragonsmum wrote: Hi, I had my PIP f2f "medical" last week and, as advised, requested a copy of the written report which has arrived today. In it are scores awarded as per the scale you have online.

My query is this: Are the assessor's point score recommendations (in the written report):

- usually
- sometimes
- rarely or
- never

an accurate reflection of the points awarded consequently by the DWP assessor?

If they follow her recommendations, I should just about cling on to the equivalent of my existing DLA award ...

Secondly, as my DLA award was to mid January 2016 and I am assessed for PIP as less needy, do I just lose the amount of the DLA award which would have been paid between now and January?

Thankyou so much for helping us all :kiss:

Hi sdm,

The PIP Decision Maker (Case Manager) "usually" follows the recommendations made by the PIP Assessor within The PA 4 Medical Report.

I say "usually" as we have heard from members where they clearly haven't !!

As this is a DLA to PIP transfer, your current DLA Award payments will continue until 4 weeks after the date of your fresh PIP decision, whatever that PIP decision may be.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris