× Members

Feeling a bit uneasy

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142803 by bubbles
Feeling a bit uneasy was created by bubbles
Hi all

Again a bit of advice needed.

I have an appointment on Monday for my assessment but had to ring today to change it, the lady accepted my reasons for cancellation and only had one appointment available to offer which was about 40 miles away, I explained why I couldn't travel that far, she took notes to everything I said and then told me to leave the appointment booked for Mon and then when I don't attend the dwp will be informed two days later with my reasons and they will accept that no appointment could be made in a local assessment centre and will reissue a request to atos to book an appointment.

Once the request is in the computer will then generate a new appointment which I can change to a closer centre when I receive it.

Being a wee bit distrustful I rang the dwp, told her all of the above and was told that yes this was correct and that I would not get in to trouble for not attending and the lady took down the reasons I gave her and said that yes another instruction to atos would be issued to book an appointment.

I am very dubious about this, I am a dla to pip transfer and always thought that they will stop the dla if I don't attend.

Has anyone heard similar?

Any thoughts on what the mods think would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142804 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Hi Bubbles,

Hmmmm, I understand your unease! It is always better to get things sorted out in advance rather than try to appease DWP afterwards. If your case file gets returned to DWP, as I understand it the next step would be to send you a form asking you to show 'good cause' for the failure to attend. It is down to the individual Decision Maker to decide what they will, and won't, accept and it seems that some are more reasonable than others.

Of course, it is possible that we are both being unduly distrustful and everything could go perfectly smoothly...

As a point of fact, the claimant gets the opportunity to rearrange only one appointment. I don't know what would happen if you failed to attend the first and then wanted to change the second.

I expect that Gordon will have come across this kind of thing before and will comment when he is able.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bubbles

More
8 years 6 months ago #142805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Bubbles

I don't think it should be an issue, you are entitled to refuse any appointment where you have not received seven days written notice from the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bubbles , slugsta

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142808 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Thanks for both of your replies.

Unfortunately though Gordon I did get the written notice, I just can't attend on Monday but they couldn't offer another appointment and are not allowed to just cancel without booking another.

Both ladies told me same information as to what would happen. Lady at dwp said her notes and notes at atos would go to the back office and they would send out another request to book me an appointment. Neither of them said about it going to case manager????

So stressful :(

More
8 years 6 months ago #142810 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Feeling a bit uneasy

bubbles wrote: Thanks for both of your replies.

Unfortunately though Gordon I did get the written notice, I just can't attend on Monday but they couldn't offer another appointment and are not allowed to just cancel without booking another.

Both ladies told me same information as to what would happen. Lady at dwp said her notes and notes at atos would go to the back office and they would send out another request to book me an appointment. Neither of them said about it going to case manager????

So stressful :(

I'm talking about the second appointment not the first, of course if they provide proper notice then you will have a problem.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: bubbles , slugsta

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #142811 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Aaaahhh, I am with you now Gordon, sorry, very tired and stressful day.

Thanks so much Gordon and Mrs H :-)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.