× Members

PIP Consultation - what is it?

• MyHipsHurt
  • Topic Author
8 years 6 months ago #143442 by MyHipsHurt
PIP Consultation - what is it? was created by MyHipsHurt
I have received a letter inviting me for a PIP Consultation. Is this the same as a medical? On the letter it states that this will not be a full physical examination, so am not sure what it is. Is there a choice of a full medical consultation or a verbal consultation or are they both the same thing?

Will I get to see a copy of this report at the same time it's sent to the DWP or do I never get to see it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #143457 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Consultation - what is it?

MyHipsHurt wrote: I have received a letter inviting me for a PIP Consultation. Is this the same as a medical? On the letter it states that this will not be a full physical examination, so am not sure what it is. Is there a choice of a full medical consultation or a verbal consultation or are they both the same thing?

Will I get to see a copy of this report at the same time it's sent to the DWP or do I never get to see it?

Yes, this would be for a PIP assessment. it is primarily an interview, the assessor may perform a few simple physical or mental health tests such as asking you to walk or remember some words. It will not be a full physical examination and you will not be asked to undress.

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, there is a section at the back that covers the assessment.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You can request a copy of the report from the DWP office dealing with your claim a couple of days after the assessment, you won't get to see the report on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris