× Members

ESA Contribution Based & inheritance

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143559 by kirsty
ESA Contribution Based & inheritance was created by kirsty
I currently receive ESA contribution based and in support group. I will soon be in receipt of inheritance following my mums passing. What is the savings limit on this benefit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #143569 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Contribution Based & inheritance

kirsty wrote: I currently receive ESA contribution based and in support group. I will soon be in receipt of inheritance following my mums passing. What is the savings limit on this benefit?

If you are only receiving ESA(CB) and no payment of Income Related ESA then there is no savings limit and your ESA will not be effected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kirsty

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143600 by kirsty
Replied by kirsty on topic ESA Contribution Based & inheritance
ive just looked out my award notice and im a bit confused lol. It does say the payment of ESA is based on my NI contribution records, however in the limited capability for work addition it reads

Extra Money because you are in a Support Group £36.20
which gives a total income related amount £36.20
living expenses for you and your parter £0

Income & Benefits

No income will be taken off your ESA
Your income related amount is £36.20 less £0 so you would have been entitled to £36.20
however because you are entitled to contribution based ESA and support allowance we will pay you £112.05

Im just confused because it mentions income related despite the covering letter states i will not be getting IR ESA as my husband is in full time employment.

please excuse my ignorance just find it all rather confusing

More
8 years 5 months ago #143606 by Gordon
Kirsty

Are you receiving a Transitional Payment having been transferred from another benefit to ESA, the amount would be £2.75?

The ESA(CB) Support Group rate is £109.30 (£73.10 + 36:20)

If in doubt you need to contact the DWP office that deals with your ESA Claim for confirmation of what you are receiving.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #143607 by kirsty
Replied by kirsty on topic ESA Contribution Based & inheritance
yes there is a transitional payment of £2.75, i was previously on incapacity benefit long term

More
8 years 5 months ago #143608 by Gordon

kirsty wrote: yes there is a transitional payment of £2.75, i was previously on incapacity benefit long term

If you were on IB then you will have been transferred to ESA(CB).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.