× Members

Pip decision :( feeling defeated

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143924 by nicola812
Pip decision :( feeling defeated was created by nicola812
Hi All

Looking for advice new to the forum. I started the transition from DLA to PIP in August, telephoned Pip today to be given decision that i have recieved standard rate for both mobility & daily living.

Which is a massive blow as i was on high rate dla for mobility and will loose out of my motability vehical which is a lifeline to many of us. I seen my report today half of it which is lies and made up also missing parts of vital information. Also stated i walked 20.5m very slow paced into the room but failed to mention i stopped for a seat, when in fact the distance from chair to room would be less than 15m if lucky.

I really want to appeal this and i have no clue where or when to start off, i used the valuable guides of this site to complete form as well as sent in medical notes with my conditions of fibro, cfs, me, osteoarthritis, disc prolapses in lower spine & neck , anxiety & depression, im only 27 these all resulted when i was in a car accident over 10years ago.

I would be greatful if anyone would point me in the correct direction and where to start and how to challange this decision as i still have not recieved my award letter but i have report.

thanks all.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143937 by
Replied by on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated

nicnak812 wrote: Hi All

Looking for advice new to the forum. I started the transition from DLA to PIP in August, telephoned Pip today to be given decision that i have recieved standard rate for both mobility & daily living.

Which is a massive blow as i was on high rate dla for mobility and will loose out of my motability vehical which is a lifeline to many of us. I seen my report today half of it which is lies and made up also missing parts of vital information. Also stated i walked 20.5m very slow paced into the room but failed to mention i stopped for a seat, when in fact the distance from chair to room would be less than 15m if lucky.

I really want to appeal this and i have no clue where or when to start off, i used the valuable guides of this site to complete form as well as sent in medical notes with my conditions of fibro, cfs, me, osteoarthritis, disc prolapses in lower spine & neck , anxiety & depression, im only 27 these all resulted when i was in a car accident over 10years ago.

I would be greatful if anyone would point me in the correct direction and where to start and how to challange this decision as i still have not recieved my award letter but i have report.

thanks all.

Hi nn812,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I am sorry to hear that your transfer from HR Mobility DLA to PIP has only resulted in a Standard PIP Mobility Award.

You are not alone, and many, many current HR Mobility DLA recipients can expect similar.

PIP was specifically developed to reduce the disability welfare bill by at least 20%, and HR Mobility DLA and Lower Rate Care DLA recipients are particular vulnerable to loss of their current level of awards.

Once you receive the PIP Decision Notice letter, you have one month from the date of that letter to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP

The process is covered in our PIP MR/Appeals Guidance on : This Page

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Although it may help to put up your own counter arguments to any comments/recommendations made by The PIP Assessor within the PIP PA4 Medical Report, whilst cross-referencing to any medical evidence that you may have provided or gain afresh, the important issue to reiterate how and why you should have scored the requisite number of points by fulfilling the applicable Descriptor/s for the appropriate Activities.

This may well involve reiterating evidence that you have already provided.

You should be aware that when you request an MR, the whole award will be looked at again, Mobility and Daily Living.

This can result in your existing award/s being lost altogether, reduced, increased or staying the same without giving you any prior warning.

Any decision made as the result of an MR can of course be taken to appeal with the Tribunal Service. (TS)

Once at that stage, if the TS were considering taking away or reducing your award/s, they would have to pre-warn you and give you the opportunity to withdraw your appeal.

Your current PIP awards will exist from 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, until it is either changed at MR, or if not then, at an Appeals Hearing by the TS.

So, this may mean that you have to return your car to Motability, even if you then go on to success in gaining an Enhanced Mobility PIP Award.

You need to contact Motability regarding this, see : This Topic

If you have any further queries, please reply to this topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

More
8 years 5 months ago #143944 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
HI nicnak812,

Would it not be possible or appropriate or allowed to request to go back to the assessment centre and measure exactly the distance from your chair into the interview room? I would be inclined myself to do this if forced to appeal etc.

And also, I understood that the manner and speed of walking should be taken into account in as much as it should 'not take you longer than twice the time a 'normal' or able bodied person would take' to complete the task. If so, you should be treated as not being able to complete the task...or have I misunderstood this??
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicola812

More
8 years 5 months ago #143945 by TheHud
Replied by TheHud on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
Just out of interest, if we have to walk 20.4m to get to the room, even if we are crippled, what the heck are you supposed to do if you can't make the distance at all. What happened to reliably and safely etc.

Honestly what a load of rubbish this is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicola812

More
8 years 5 months ago #143946 by nicola812
Replied by nicola812 on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated
Thanks bro58

I am going to go through all of the information you have provided to give me the best possible action to take.

8 years 5 months ago #143950 by
Replied by on topic Pip decision :( feeling defeated

mommaduck wrote: HI nicnak812,

Would it not be possible or appropriate or allowed to request to go back to the assessment centre and measure exactly the distance from your chair into the interview room? I would be inclined myself to do this if forced to appeal etc.

And also, I understood that the manner and speed of walking should be taken into account in as much as it should 'not take you longer than twice the time a 'normal' or able bodied person would take' to complete the task. If so, you should be treated as not being able to complete the task...or have I misunderstood this??

Hi md,

No, you have not misunderstood the walking "reliably" concept !!

I doubt very much that The Assessment Provider would allow you back into the Assessment Centre armed with a tape measure.

Although they are often aware of all the distances from the the waiting room to consultation rooms, etc, etc.

I suppose you could challenge them to provide confirmation of said distances.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.