× Members

Capita cancelled face to face assessment

• Hagsbird
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144475 by Hagsbird
Well the title says it all really! They phoned this morning & said due to unforeseen circumstances they must cancel my appointment for this week! I know these things happen but its been such a pain arranging things like someone collecting my son from school & my husband getting time off work & the man said they can fit me in on the 26th but I was unable to say if I could make this date as my husband has to make arrangements with work as in his job he just can't be away on certain days & times & he won't know for sure what date's he should hopefully be ok for till next Monday really & then it will be 2 weeks from then the earliest he will be able to come with me. The man told me to contact them this afternoon or tomorrow but now I'm on edge again as I don't know what to do in case I accept a date that won't be ok. Can anyone give me any advice as to how long I do actually have to contact them to rearrange & do I have to go with a date that they say as I have to have my husband drive me there. I could get a taxi but this has all stressed me out enough as it is & the thought of getting in a taxi with a stranger & going there alone fills me with even more dread. I know maybe I should think of this as a little respite from the system but having got myself all worked up about going & now it feels like a lull before the next storm when I will have a new date looming for some stranger to make assumptions about my health & life :S
Sometimes I feel like saying to heck with this its just too much stress on top of my already bad health but then I think no I know I have these health issues as does my GP, it's so very hard on times when it feels those with disabilities & health issues are being judged like a chunk of meat.
Thanks in advance, I am sure this site has helped keep me sane & given me the courage to get this far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capita cancelled face to face assessment
Hagsbird

I'm afraid the booking staff have instructions to re-book as soon as the can, I think it likely if you do not contact them by the end of the day that they will book the 26th and send you a written appointment.

Be aware that they operate a two strike system, so you can only re-arrange one appointment before having to attend or you risk your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hagsbird

• Hagsbird
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144504 by Hagsbird
Replied by Hagsbird on topic Capita cancelled face to face assessment
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for your reply, does the 2 appointment date rule count though as they have cancelled this appointment as I told the man I would not be able to make the 26th. It seems they can be as cut throat as they wish with regard to cancelling our appointments but have no consideration how hard it is for many people to make arrangements for another time & date.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144511 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Capita cancelled face to face assessment
Yes they cancelled the first appointment but if they book the 26th and you cancel then you will have to make the next appointment you get.

• Hagsbird
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144522 by Hagsbird
Replied by Hagsbird on topic Capita cancelled face to face assessment
Ok, thank you Foss

More
8 years 5 months ago #144538 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic Capita cancelled face to face assessment
My daughter's appointment was cancelled and no-one bothered to phone her. I phoned and made an appointment two days later as my husband, who had accompanied her to the assessment centre, couldn't remember whether he was told to make another appointment or that Capita would make another appointment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.