× Members

Pip- Mandatory reconsideration

More
8 years 6 months ago #144565 by Just me098
Pip- Mandatory reconsideration was created by Just me098
hello,

I spoke to my GP to get evidence to support my mandatory reconsideration and they have said it is not in their policy to give patients supporting letters and only on the request from the department who wants it.

So, I have submitted a mandatory reconsideration today, but I wrote a letter explaining my situation in more detail etc, my husband and mother wrote a supporting letter as well. I am so scared that its not going to be enough and i am going to lose the enhanced rate of daily living as it is :-(

Has anyone got a successful response when requesting a MR with no further medical evidence and just used supporting letters from family?

And if it doesnt if i were to appeal against it without further medical evidence what is the chances of it being successful at a tribunal? its for mental health reasons for mobility.

Just need some kind of reassurance as i am really stressing about this now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #144589 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip- Mandatory reconsideration
You need to tell your GP to get real!!
The DWP rarely write requesting further info. It has to be submitted. If your GP is being obstructive complain to the practice manager.
You could submit a request to see your medical records and get copies of anything you think might be useful. You may have to pay but I think its worth it if you do not have any GP or other medical professional evidence. If you supplied it all with your application you need to use it where you think the decision letter didn't give you the points you think you deserve.

More
8 years 6 months ago #144642 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip- Mandatory reconsideration
More and more GP surgeries are refusing to supply supporting evidence for patients (my own takes this stance). If this is practice policy there is little the patient can do to change it. In these cases it can be helpful to view your medical records and take copies of anything that might be helpful.There will be a charge for this.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Lynsey
8 years 6 months ago #144646 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic Pip- Mandatory reconsideration
I was incredibly lucky because my gp got my medical records up to a high priority but you should be aware it takes up to 40 days to receive them normally. I think there is no harm in asking right enough. I mean I'd still do it but don't get your hopes up they will come in time.

My medical notes actually went missing when I moved house (thankfully they have now recently been found) but I didn't put any medical evidence in because the letter I got said do not ask your gp for a letter we will do it. And they never.

I thought my form was pretty detailed and I had a detailed letter from my carer. But I have been turned down.

I kept a diary for a few days as did my carer and took that to my assessment but the assessor refused to read it and said it wasn't evidence but I think he was wrong to say that so maybe a diary would give insight into your condition?? (He also refused to take my needs assessment ((he didn't know what it was) even though he said it would probably be quite useful.))

Anyway, I dont know how othr people have got on but maybe more letters from people who know you even someone from a health care setting or law background you know personally would carry some small bit of weight?

I hope this helps.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144725 by Mart
Replied by Mart on topic Pip- Mandatory reconsideration
I requested a Mr for my pip claim about a month ago, my Gp also was unwilling to write a letter regarding my condition, so I asked for a copy of my full medical history over the phone, went in the next day ,paid £10 and was presented about 20mins later with all my medical history going back many years, sifted through this and include what I thought was relevant and presented for my MR, turned out a waste of time as they didn't change there decision,( apart for having my full medical history)
It would seem the change to PIP is far harder in respect getting the enhanced rate than the old system, on contacting a couple of advisers I was recommended not to go to tribunal as you could loose even more than originally awarded ??
MzH

• Lynsey
8 years 5 months ago #144756 by Lynsey
Replied by Lynsey on topic Pip- Mandatory reconsideration
That really annoys me to har that but I'm not surprised.

I had a meeting yesterday with someone from a disability rights place and they said its pretty much a waste of time sending evidence in at the mandatory reconsideration stage as dwp wont even read it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.