× Members

PIP 1 Form.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145799 by WmWallace
PIP 1 Form. was created by WmWallace
PIP 1 Claim Form.

Good morning,

I am filling in a PIP 1 form that I requested to be sent to me at home, my MP had to intervene for it to be sent to me at home.

On the form it asks if I want them to use any information used in my DLA, ESA claim. I do not know if any medical evidence was used or sought, apart from the information I submitted on my ESA, DLA forms.

I have left the boxes unchecked and I have wrote, that I do not know what info they used in my ESA, DLA claims. I have asked them to use any medical information they have, they think is appropriate. Is this response ok?

I'm in Support Group ESA also high rate care and high rate mobility DLA.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145802 by
Replied by on topic PIP 1 Form.

WmWallace wrote: PIP 1 Claim Form.

Good morning,

I am filling in a PIP 1 form that I requested to be sent to me at home, my MP had to intervene for it to be sent to me at home.

On the form it asks if I want them to use any information used in my DLA, ESA claim. I do not know if any medical evidence was used or sought, apart from the information I submitted on my ESA, DLA forms.

I have left the boxes unchecked and I have wrote, that I do not know what info they used in my ESA, DLA claims. I have asked them to use any medical information they have, they think is appropriate. Is this response ok?

I'm in Support Group ESA also high rate care and high rate mobility DLA.

Hi WmW,

Yes, you can write that response.

What you have to consider is, how current will that information be ?

However, there is no guarantee that they will do so, and as you may know the qualifying criteria for PIP is much different to that of DLA and ESA.

If you can provide your own evidence as well that should be more helpful.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 months ago #145875 by WmWallace
Replied by WmWallace on topic PIP 1 Form.
Hi Bro58' thanks for you input , I will send all the reports, evidence I have at present.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145882 by vivi
Replied by vivi on topic PIP 1 Form.
Hi

My DLA to PIP is due very soon and I want to request a PIP1 form, as I
find it very difficult talking on the telephone.

Everyone who has written on the site about requesting a PIP1 has had problems
receiving the form, and some have had to get their MPs involved. This feels
like such a stressor right at the beginning of the process!

Is there anything I could write on the front of the envelope I send to request
the form that might help? Would something like ''Urgent PIP1 request' make any
difference? How can I be sure my MP will even read my email to her?

I am worried they will just cut off my DLA, if I don't receive the form and send it
back in time.

Thank you

Vivienne

More
8 years 4 months ago #145898 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 Form.

vivi wrote: Hi

My DLA to PIP is due very soon and I want to request a PIP1 form, as I
find it very difficult talking on the telephone.

Everyone who has written on the site about requesting a PIP1 has had problems
receiving the form, and some have had to get their MPs involved. This feels
like such a stressor right at the beginning of the process!

Is there anything I could write on the front of the envelope I send to request
the form that might help? Would something like ''Urgent PIP1 request' make any
difference? How can I be sure my MP will even read my email to her?

I am worried they will just cut off my DLA, if I don't receive the form and send it
back in time.

Thank you

Vivienne

Someone can phone on your behalf, although you will need to be with them to answer the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to them.

If you write then there does not appear to be anything special you can put on the envelope, at this time the best advice we have is to make the request as soon as you receive the invite and to make sure that you track the situation, don't just leave it to happen.

Feedback on the forum suggests that MP's are pretty good at responding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #145914 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP 1 Form.
Hi Vivi,

I had the same problem. I wrote in for a form, recorded delivery but did not receive it in a timely manner.

I then emailed my MP who replied the next day, having first phoned on my behalf to the DWP, and had my file marked to that effect stating that they were to allow me sufficient time to receive and return the PIP1.

In between my writing and my MP intervening, I wrote a second letter to DWP requesting a PIP1 form. In this letter I added that this second request was to be accepted as a 'formal application for PIP' from the date of my letter.

My two letters requesting a PIP1 form and the telephone call from my MP then resulted in me receiving threeseparate PIP1 forms, each carrying a different 'return by' date.

I returned my PIP1 form, which they received and signed for two weeks ago today, but I have yet to received my PIP2 form.

The email from my MP stated that should I have any further problems in this respect, then email him again and he will sort them out. If I haven't received my PIP2 by the end of the week, I will certainly email him again.

SORRY ABOUT THE BOLD TEXT, DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT :blush: :blush:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.